Because the Brewers Association is involved in lobbying activities in Washington, DC, primarily on the excise tax bills in Congress, a percentage of member dues are not deductible as a business expense. For 2011, 23% of member dues were spent on lobbying
- is at the BWC Consumer Packaged Goods Summit with chain beer buyers in Florida.
- 31 state brewers guilds here in Madison for BA’s 2017 Guilds Leadership Summit!
- In Madison, WI for the National Guilds Leadership Summit
- is at the Beer Institute annual meeting in San Diego.
- is in Denver at the National Conference of State Liquor Administrators.
- is in DC for Hill Climb, board meeting, SAVOR and for the beer..
Read more from Paul Gatza
This number will certainly change as we move through our annual Beer Industry Production Survey. But the number is much larger than we thought we had a year ago.
The retail price of a case of craft beer climbed to over a dollar more than a year ago, still under the rate of inflation, but perhaps reflecting the higher cost of ingredients.
Here is an update on the next stage of the hiring process for the Brewers Association's Professional Division Assistant.
The October 30 SIG scans show that craft pricing at retail is climbing, but is still lower than the inflation rate.
The FTC recently reached an agreement with an flavored malt beverage company to require that certain beverages must be resealable. What will be the regulatory reaction to liquor in a can?
Stouts are showing a significant increase in retail pricing, which means that imperial stouts and barrel aged stouts are emerging in beer drinker choices.
The heart of summer no longer belongs to the standard and light lagers. Craft brewers conquered the heat with hops, seasonals and variety.
The increase in year-over-year pricing for the early August scan period nearly tripled over pricing gains for July.
Craft sales volume continues to accelerate in the key July 4th scan month on a slight price increase from last year.