1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Personal Information. The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you:
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||Registration Information. When you become a member, register to attend one of our events, or otherwise register for an account with the Brewers Association, we may collect your name, title, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other similar identifiers. Such information shall be associated with your account, and you may update such information by editing the information with your account.
Demographic Information. We may collect personal information from you, such as your age, gender, and photo.
Mailing List Information. When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we may collect your email address or postal address.
|B. Sensitive Personal Information||Sensitive Personal Information. We may collect a subset of personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin for the purpose of measuring our diversity and inclusion efforts. The Brewers Association will collect sensitive personal information with your express consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.|
|C. Geolocation Data||Precise Geolocation. When you use one of our Applications, we may collect your location using GPS, or other similar location-tracking technologies. The Brewers Association may capture physical location or movements in order to provide route guidance, and proximity and duration information for providing personalized products and services, demographic analysis, or behavioral analysis. Such information, and any derived information, may be shared with third parties that have a relationship the Brewers Association.|
|D. Sensory Data||Videos and Audio Recordings. We collect audio and video recordings of events hosted by the Brewers Association.|
|E. Commercial Information||Order Placement Information. We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, order history, and order preferences when you place an order on one of our Sites.
Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
Market Research Studies. We perform marketing research studies to collect data for research purposes. The information you provide is used for research analysis and we analyze the answers in aggregate. Information you provide in response to or in connection with a market research study is and will be provided to our members or other entities or the public as part of cumulative market research information or statistical data in the ordinary course, but without identifying you.
Member or Sponsor Promotions. We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded or sponsored promotion with a member or event sponsor. Such information may be shared with the promotion member or event sponsor.
Preferences. We may collect information about your preferences and interactions with us, such as dietary restrictions, travel preferences, and marketing preferences.
Device Information. We may collect information from your computer or mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device or hardware and software specifications. Such device data may include computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, device or machine ID, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, internet service provider, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
Online Activity Information. We may collect online activity information from you, including what pages you visit, what products or files you view, referring/exit page, click-activity, referring website, or a date/time stamp for your visit. In addition to information stored by our servers.
Application Programming Interface (API). We may collect personal information through third party APIs. An API is a programming interface that may be used to connect two computer applications for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our Platform, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our Platform, or to facilitate online advertising. APIs may enable third parties to collect personal information directly via our Platform.
|G. Social Network Information||Social Information. We may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook Connect feature, Facebook “Like” button, Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. Additionally, by making personal information available on the website, you “opt in” to allow the Brewers Association to provide such personal information to a social networking site without your further consent.|
|H. Professional or Employment-Related Information||Professional Brewers Information. If you are associated with a Professional Brewer member, we will collect employment and professional information such as your employee contact information, employer headquarters, number of associated employees, current and past job history, and other employee personal information.|
|I. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||Inferences. We may infer information about your place of origin, preferences and activities from your order history, and other personal information that we collect about you.|
1.2. Sources of Personal Information. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above on or through our Platform from the following categories of sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. The Brewers Association collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive personal information from Users when a User creates an account; edits Registration Information; signs up to receive promotional communications; uses or accesses a service or content available through the Platform; participates in one of our events, conferences, or educational presentations; participates in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, or surveys; posts a review; submits a request to our customer service team; interacts with our social media pages; or otherwise interact with us or other Users through the Platform.
- Referrals. Users may recommend other contacts to join the Platform by providing their contact information or other data. Users may also provide information about other users of the Platform such as reviews of the services or products that he or she received, booking or scheduling information, or membership information. Please do not provide us with someone’s information unless you have their permission to do so.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. In addition to the personal information that we collect from you directly and automatically, the Brewers Association may receive personal information about you from other third party sources. For example, we receive personal information from our members, event organizers, fulfilment vendors, business partners, government agencies, social media sites, third party API integration partners, or companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about Users. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the uses described above, the Brewers Association may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To Provide Our Platform. We may use your personal information to improve your experience on the Platform; provide services, products, and content to you and to our members and other Users; communicate with you about information that you request; identify you when you access and use the Platform; register, administer, and monitor accounts on the Platform.
- To Provide Our Products, Member Services, and Events. This could include fulfilling your orders for our products, request for member services, or registrations for our events. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions made through our eCommerce Sites or event registration Sites. For example, if you share your personal information to ask a question about our products, member services, or events, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product, request a member service, or register for an event, we will use such information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your personal information to facilitate new product orders, process returns, respond to future requests for member services, or future event registrations.
- To Improve Our Platform, Products, Member Services, and Events. We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Platform, products, member services, or events better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new and improved products and services.
- To Understand Your Interests. We use your personal information to personalize your experience on the Platform and to deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests. Our Platform may make suggestions for content that may be interesting to you and others. We use the data you provide and the data we have about other Users, to make these recommendations.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. We use personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. This may also include responding to your feedback.
- To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account. We use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, member services, and event registrations. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth, and place of residence. If you set up an account on the Platform, we will use the Registration Information you provide in relation to that account creation to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account.
- To Offer the Membership Directory: We may include your Registration Information and other personal information as part of a membership directory that is published on the Platform to other Users.
- To Secure the Platform. We use personal information to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, databases and other technology assets, business, and other Users.
- As Required by Law. We use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we transfer all or part of its business or make a transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
3.5. API Integration Partners. We may share your personal information with third party API integration partners, such as Facebook, for advertising and marketing purposes, including generating web analytics and compiling User information, advertising, conducing marketing analysis, segment generation, promotional material planning and distribution, and providing you with recommendations for products or services based on a User’s interaction with our Platform.
3.6. Behavioral-Based Advertising. We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites.
3.7. Joint Member or Event Sponsor Offerings. We may jointly offer events, promotions, or any other product or service offerings with our members or event sponsors. The personal information that you submit through a joint event, promotion, or other product or service offering may be combined and transmitted with the Registration Information related to your account. Members and event sponsors may collect information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with a member or event sponsor, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with that identified member or event sponsor.
3.8. Social Networking. We may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook Connect feature, Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
3.9. Public Forum and Messaging. We may provide you with the opportunity to post comments, messages, or reviews in a public forum. If you decide to submit personal information at these locations, that information will be available to other Users of the Platform.
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
5.1. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
5.2. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Platform, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the emails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Platform.
5.3. Geolocation Choices. You may choose not to provide your location to us in connection with your use of our Applications by declining any prompt requesting location information that appears in your device, and by customizing your device settings to prevent sharing of geolocation information.
5.4. Behavioral-Based Advertising. We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie, API integration) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites. If you wish to limit third parties’ collection of information about your use of our Platform, you can opt-out of such at the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative in the U.S., the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. Mobile app users may opt out of receiving behavioral-based advertising in mobile apps provided by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app. PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING THE PLATFORM. IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
5.5. Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Brewers Association is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein related to the use of and access to the Platform.
7. NOTICE TO EUROPEAN USERS
7.1. Lawful basis for processing. The Brewers Association is required to inform you of the lawful basis of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the lawful basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
|Processing Purpose||Lawful Basis|
|• Collection of Sensitive Personal Information. • To Improve Our Platform, Products, Member Services, and Events. • To Market Products, Member Services, and Events.||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated on the Platform.|
|• To Provide Our Platform. • To Provide Our Products, Member Services, and Events. • To Offer the Membership Directory. • To Communicate with You. • To Understand Your Interests. • To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. • To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account.||Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. You are subject to a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide products and services.|
|• To Secure the Platform. • As Required by Law.||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
7.2. Retention. The Brewers Association retains your personal information:
- For so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Platform or to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For so long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
7.3. Your Rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our lawful basis as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
When we receive your request, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may withhold information where we are required by law to do so or if the search for that information would require disproportionate effort or have a disproportionate effect to, for example, the cost of providing the information, the time it would take to retrieve the data, or how difficult it may be to obtain the information requested.
If you are a resident of Europe and would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
8. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits Users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, if any. To make such a request, please write or email us by using the details in the section “CONTACTING US” below. You must include the words “Shine the Light” in your subject line or correspondence.
9. CONTACTING US
Attn: Privacy Compliance
1327 Spruce St.
Boulder, Colorado US 80302
Effective Date: December 8, 2021