Dr. Thomas Shellhammer is the newest member of the Brewers Association (BA) quality subcommittee. Dr. Shellhammer is the Nor’Wester Professor of Fermentation Science at Oregon State University as well as current president of the American Society …More
- Participating in a study tour of Belgian breweries with the Institute of Brewing and Distilling, Southern UK Section
- In Portland for the week. Looking forward to the technical subcommittee Open House at CBC.
- Attending the World Barley and Beer Conference in Dublin, Ireland.
- Attending Rocky Mountain Microbrew Symposium in Colorado Springs.
- In Hadley, Mass. for the North American Craft Maltsters Guild Farmer Brewer Weekend hosted by Valley Malt. Speaking on “Current Malt Supply Structure: What are the Pros and Cons?”
- Next stop in Nuremberg is Brau Beviale—networking with equipment and ingredient suppliers to keep up with the latest innovations and information available to BA members.
Read more from Chuck Skypeck
Increasingly, environmental stewardship is a priority for beer drinkers, brewers and future generations. Maintaining a healthy balance between stewardship, social enrichment, and economic vitality is important to the future of craft brewing. Brewers Association (BA) members have expressed a desire to benchmark key performance indicators on a consistent basis in …More
In the normal course of business of keg service, repair and sales, Tosca receives and returns approximately 30,000 stay kegs per year. Tosca’s current stray keg inventory is over 5,000 kegs. Tosca has requested that …More
The Brewers Association (BA) safety subcommittee has announced the publication of three new resources in the Best Practices section of BrewersAssociation.org including Best Management Practice for the Selection of Protective Clothing for Brewery Workers, Best …More
The Brewers Association (BA) has announced that Matt Stinchfield, Ploughshare Brewing, will fill the newly created position of safety ambassador. Stinchfield will work to promote the mission of the BA safety subcommittee to, “increase safety …More
The Brewers Association draught beer quality subcommittee has published revised, downloadable growler tags for brewers and retailers. The consumer facing tags contain easy to understand icons and explanations that provide tips to ensure optimal beer …More
The Brewers Association (BA) draught beer quality subcommittee has recently added two new members—Bridget Gauntner, Great Lakes Brewing Company and Dave Glor, New Belgium Brewing. Bridgett Gauntner has worked with Great Lakes Brewing Company for five …More
The Brewers Association (BA) quality subcommittee has introduced a definition of quality beer, along with a vision and mission, which aim to guide this group’s important work. These foundational documents are designed to guide and …More
The Brewers Association (BA) Performance Guidelines for Single Use Kegs provides best practice guidance for the procurement, performance and operation of single use beer kegs. The guidelines furnish manufacturers and commercial users of single use …More
The Brewers Association recently released a draught quality resource to assist retailers. Draught Beer Quality for Retailers is intended to help retailers consistently pour great beer and preserve profits through industry accepted best practices. Retailers play a …More