The Brewers Association (BA) welcomes six new chair and co-chair individuals to four of the technical subcommittees. The chair and co-chair positions are held by engaged leaders of the industry who understand and prioritize the diverse technical needs of the BA membership in terms of business model and brewery size. Selection of the new leaders worked within the previous BA recruitment and onboarding efforts to deliver a more inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, and align with the association’s overall diversity, equity, and inclusion goals led by J Jackson-Beckham.
To serve as a chair or co-chair on a technical subcommittee, one must be employed by a voting member brewery. Some of the leadership responsibilities include working with BA staff to develop monthly meeting agendas for the subcommittee, sit on the Technical Committee, participate in a bi-annual technical summit to drive future technical initiatives, communicate and engage with subcommittee volunteers and new recruits, and review, delegate, and prioritize subcommittee initiatives.
Welcome New Technical Leadership
- Draught Beer Quality Subcommittee
- Larry Horwitz, Chair – Ten20 Craft Brewing, Louisville, Ky.
- Engineering Subcommittee
- John Blystone, Chair – Great Lakes Brewing Co., Cleveland, Ohio
- Quality Subcommittee
- Jamie Floyd, Chair – Ninkasi Brewing Co., Eugene, Ore.
- Ashley Howard, Co-Chair – Victory Brewing Co., Downingtown, Pa.
- Sustainability Subcommittee
- Adam Beauchamp, Co-Chair – Creature Comforts Brewing Co., Athens, Ga.
- Mandi McKay, Co-Chair – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif.
Thank You to the Outgoing Leadership
As the new leadership is welcomed into their positions, the BA would like show their appreciation and send a big thank you to the outgoing chairs. With these individuals’ supervision and guidance, the technical subcommittees they oversaw produced a wide range of resources for BA members and continued to foster community within craft brewing.
- Draught Beer Quality Subcommittee: Bridget Gaunter, Outgoing Chair – Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Engineering Subcommittee: Chris McCombs, Outgoing Chair – Coopersmith’s Pub & Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Quality Subcommittee: Lauren Torres, Outgoing Chair – Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Sustainability Subcommittee: Walker Modic, Outgoing Chair – Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Mich.
Volunteer for a Technical Subcommittee
The six BA technical subcommittees are made up of volunteer BA members that create technical tools and resources for the craft brewing community. If you are interested in volunteering for a subcommittee, visit the BA committees page for more information and fill out the BA Committee Interest Form.