Elevate Your Beer with Food
Beer and food have the power to transform each other—enhancing your experience and enjoyment of both.
Bringing the beer and food experience into your beer world—whether that be a brewery, beer bar or distributorship—will elevate your business and bring customers back.
Easy to follow Self-Guided Course
The free, self-guided CraftBeer.com Beer & Food Course, co-authored by Adam Dulye, a Culinary Institute of America graduate and Julia Herz, Craft Beer Program director and Certified Cicerone®, is the crash course in beer and food you need to help integrate the powerful combination of beer and food into your business.
This versatile course combines lectures, suggested readings, videos and tasting sessions to help you and your team understand the basics of pairing beer and food. This course was written to be self-guided, but can easily be integrated into your staff training and continuing education opportunities.
What You’ll Learn
- Craft beer history and America’s current beer market
- Beer ingredients and the basic brewing process
- How to taste, pour and present beer
- Characteristics, flavors and food pairing notes on ten popular beer styles
- Identification of off-flavors and potential issues at retail
- Predicting, identifying and describing beer and food interactions
- The basics of pairing beer and cheese
- Pairing vocabulary through a tasting of five beer styles alongside common food ingredients
- How to plan and execute a beer dinner
Incorporate this Free Course into Your Business
- Brewery staff training
- Empowering waitstaff and bartenders to suggest pairings at retail
- Front of house continuing education
- Training to help integrate pairing elements at beer festivals or other tasting events
- Tools to help you bring the beer dinner to your brewery
Authors of the CraftBeer.com Beer & Food Course
Dulye (pronounced “doo-lee”) is executive chef for the Brewers Association and CraftBeer.com. Dulye is a Culinary Institute of America graduate who has helmed kitchens with a craft beer focus from the mountains of Colorado to San Francisco, Calif.
Dulye also oversees culinary side of SAVOR®: An American Craft Beer and Food Experience, the Farm to Table Pavilion at the Great American Beer Festival®, and the World Beer Cup®.
Herz is the Craft Beer Program director at the Brewers Association, publisher of CraftBeer.com. She is a BJCP-certified beer judge, an award-winning homebrewer, a Certified Cicerone® and a beer educator. She has been featured
She has been featured by The Splendid Table, The Food Network’s Unwrapped, CNBC’s Closing Bell, Good Morning America Live and is a regular beer blogger for HuffPost Taste.