Exclusive benefit for BA Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
Member breweries of the Export Development Program are invited to participate in Planète Bière, taking place in Paris, France on March 19 & 20.
Planète Bière is the largest craft beer tasting event in France with both dedicated industry and consumer tasting sessions. Past iterations have proven to be effective for promoting brands already in-market as well as introducing beers and breweries interested in exporting to the French craft beer market.
EDP member beers will be poured at the American Craft Beer Pairing Booth, and the Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to France as part of attendance at the Planète Bière event. Additional opportunities such as seminars and workshops featuring American craft beer are expected to be added to the activity schedule.
- January 10. 2023 – Deadline to apply for Trade Mission Travel. Note: Travel is not a requirement to participate in Planète Bière.
- February 10, 2023 – Deadline to register for the American Craft Beer Pairing Booth at Planète Bière
- February 17, 2023 – Deadline for beer to arrive at the east coast U.S. consolidation point
- March 19 & 20, 2023 – Planète Bière takes place
Costs to Participate
The Brewers Association will cover the cost of consolidation, airfreight shipment to France, cold storage, customs clearance, and fees associated with hosting an American craft beer booth at the event.
Participating breweries are asked to cover the cost of delivering samples to the consolidation site.
Beer Volume Requirements
It is suggested to send up to three brands, up to two cases per brand.
Brewery representatives traveling to the event are asked to send three cases per brand.
Note: Registering beer for shipment and trade mission travel applications require separate registration form completions.
1. Trade Mission Travel Application – The application for trade mission travel can be found in the following section titled “Travel & Trade Mission Application”. Travel is not a requirement to send beer for the event. If you do not plan to apply for trade mission travel OR you have already completed an application, please proceed to step 2. Applications for travel will not be accepted after January 10, 2023.
2. Beer Registration – Register your brewery and beers to be included in a consolidated shipment to France via the form at the bottom of this page no later than Friday, February 10.
3. Deliver beer to the east coast consolidation warehouse by February 17.
Label each case “BrewersAssoc/Paris” or print/affix this label.
Cases that are not labeled properly, are damaged, or do not arrive by February 17 are not guaranteed inclusion in shipment to France.
East coast consolidation warehouse address for shipping:
106 Kenny Place
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Phone: (201) 226-1981
Warehouse Contact: Steve Krawczuk
It is the responsibility of the brewery to correctly identify, package and dispatch samples in a safe manner for consolidated shipment. Please safely pack the samples for shipping and include the original case/tray inside the outer carton if possible. This is important as the beers will be palletized tightly for air shipment and excess packaging will be discarded at consolidation. Parcel shipments should be packed safely so that they are not subject to damage by the courier service.
Travel & Trade Mission Application
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to France as part of attendance at the Planete Biere event. The trade mission will enable participating breweries to meet with importers, visit retail locations and HORECA accounts, attend media functions and participate in other activities that promote American craft beer in the market. This is an opportunity both for breweries that have existing distribution in France and breweries that are new to the market. Brewery representative presence enhances the impact of promoting American craft beer abroad and provides a valuable opportunity for brewery staff to better understand market opportunities.
The EDP has set aside a budget to offer travel assistance in the form of reimbursement for certain expenses for brewery representatives traveling to Paris as part of this BA mission. Participants will be expected to represent the BA and American craft beer industry generally, work the festival on behalf of the BA and participate in other organized EDP activities. Interested brewery staff are asked to complete the online application by January 10, 2023. Review and selection of applications will take place on an ongoing basis and will be determined using criteria including the timing of application, number of applicants, and application alignment with the activity’s mission and goals.
If the registration form is not appearing below, please hit refresh on your browser.