The 2020 Brewers Association (BA) Board of Directors election opens Tuesday, September 29 and runs through October 20. Voting members of the association will have the option to vote online or by mail-in ballot. Voting member criteria are described by the Brewers Association bylaws.
Five board positions are open: three for the packaging brewer class, one for the pub brewer class, and one for the taproom brewer class. These board positions start in February 2021.
Candidate biographies and statements will be published when voting opens on September 29.
- Only one ballot per member brewing company will be counted (NOT one vote per location).
- Each voting member brewery should only vote in one category. If you are unsure which category is correct, you can vote in all three. We will review your ballot and retain the votes in the correct category.
- Voting member criteria are described by the BA bylaws (no breweries in planning, contract breweries, etc.).
Note: Only your vote in your voting membership class will count.
What does the Board of Directors do?
The Board of Directors governs the activities of the professional division of the BA and other Brewers Association divisions, including the American Homebrewers Association, Brewers Publications, and Events.
Which class should I vote in? Packaging, pub brewer, or taproom?
The Brewers Association recognizes three voting classes. Please vote in the class that best represents your craft brewery. Our online ballot will direct you towards the correct category if it can match you to a voting member brewery. Otherwise, please vote for all three categories and BA staff will retain the votes in the correct one.
- Pub brewers are defined as those who sell more than 25 percent of their production on-site and operate significant food services.
- Packaging brewers are defined as those who sell 75 percent or more of their production outside of the brewery.
- Taproom brewers are defined as those who sell more than 25 percent of their production on-site and do not operate significant food services.