Planning, tracking, and measuring program improvements is an essential ingredient in the success of any Safety and Sustainability (SaSu) initiative. Accountability is one of five key culture drivers, but often one of the most overlooked.* In this presentation, Brewers Association ambassadors Matt Stinchfield (Safety) and Matt Gacioch (Sustainability) get you set up to be tracking and analyzing like a pro in 60 short minutes!
The Matts define types of key performance indicators (KPIs), with an emphasis on low-cost to no-cost forward-looking indicators. These suggested KPIs can be readily adopted by safety and sustainability teams, and management. These tools will help you gain immediate benefits – from understanding shortcomings to celebrating victories.
Recommended Resource: Watch Achieving Great Safety and Sustainability on a Shoestring Budget for a refresher on key cultural drivers and the importance of program accountability.
- Obtain working definitions of trailing and leading indicators, and their pros and cons
- Understand distinctions and similarities of KPIs vs. OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) vs. SMART Goals
- Learn to select indicators that lead to visible, meaningful program improvements
- See how the best KPIs are often low-cost and low-tech
- Review real-life examples and see the collateral benefits on workforce motivation and efficiency improvement
- Take home lists of proven, implementable indicators and links to key resources
- Understand how to translate KPIs beyond SaSu into other areas of their business