By serving as a mentor in the Brewers Association Mentorship Program, you will become a part of the social and professional network of new and emerging industry professionals, supporting their individual knowledge and skill development and providing the “intangibles” that often mean the difference between surviving and thriving in the craft brewing community.
We are looking for mentors in these areas:
- Technical Brewing
- Serving and Tasting Beer
- Guest Experience
- Brewery Safety
- Event Planning and Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Branding
- Sales and Distribution
- Brewery Finance
As a mentor for the Brewers Association Mentorship Program, you will engage in a series of two-week mentorship relationships with one participant at a time over a period of 12 weeks. Throughout the program mentors are expected to:
- Initiate and maintain contact with each participant during their week of engagement via email, phone, text message, and/or video chat.
- Use resources, prompts and activities provided by the program coordinator to engage in high-impact interactions with each participant.
- Provide assistance and advocacy for at least one participant per cohort in the form of hands-on assistance with an employment search, resume review, letter of recommendation, or other tangible acts of advocacy.
Training and Support:
- Mentors will participate in a one-week orientation and training program.
- Mentors will participate in bi-weekly video conference calls with the program director, Brewers Association Equity and Inclusion Partner Dr. J Jackson-Beckham, and other mentors to discuss experiences, challenges, successful strategies, and outcomes.
- Mentors will have the support of and access to the program director.
- 1 – 3 hours per week. (Time will vary depending on the type of contact/activity planned.)
Duration of Commitment:
- 6 – 12 weeks.
Benefits to Mentors:
- Personal growth.
- Experiencing the rewards of effecting positive change in the industry.
- Learning through relationships with individuals from underrepresented/underserved populations in craft brewing.
Participation in the mentorship program is subject to the discretion of the Brewers Association Diversity, Equity and Inclusion selection committee.