Crowler Sales Clarified in Texas

Share Post

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) issued a clarification that, under the Alcoholic Beverage Code, the right to manufacture and sell single-use, permanently sealed cans of malt beverages (also known as crowlers) is reserved for license or permit holders who produce their own beer, ale or malt liquor on-site. Retailers who are not permitted to brew beer, ale, or malt liquor may not can or bottle malt beverage products produced by other manufacturers for resale to consumers.

Was this article helpful?