The Brewers Association (BA) is now accepting applications for grants funding research and projects related to craft brewing for 2015. The deadline for submitting applications is September 30, 2014.
Under the direction of the BA technical committee, this platform for providing funding was created to help further research in the field of craft brewing. The BA is looking for grant proposals focusing on hop and malt supply chain, safety, sustainability and quality related research. Research in other topics will also be considered.
Past funding has helped research in the following completed and ongoing projects:
- Sustainability Manuals – Water, Energy and Solid Waste toolboxes
- Refillable keg guidelines
- Single use keg guidelines (coming soon)
- Cascade hop powdery mildew disease (ongoing)
- Cascade hop aroma (ongoing)
- Malting barley variety development (ongoing)
This year, the BA is aiming to provide $150,000 in grants to fund 3 to 10 research projects. Findings from BA funded research will be presented at future Craft Brewers Conferences.
Contact Chris Swersey with questions.