We Want You… and your hop usage data, for the 2017 Brewers Association Hop Survey. We’ve extended the survey closing date to Friday, September 1. We can’t communicate to hop growers without your participation. Take the survey today!
Each pound of hops you report represents a “vote” that growers use to make planting decisions that in turn help you to access the hops you treasure for your beer brands. So vote and be counted!
Since 2007, the BA has provided craft brewer hop usage data to hop growers at their annual Hop Growers Association meeting. Over time, this very important communication has allowed growers to make important planting decisions with confidence in the market. With your input, the hop market has completely shifted from 20% aroma acres to 80% aroma acres.
All survey data is kept in confidence and only aggregated results are shared.
- Open to any U.S. brewer of any size
- In particular, we need data from breweries with 1,000-25,000 barrels of production
- Breweries opened after January 1, 2016 should wait until next year to respond
- This survey measures production over the full 12 months of 2016 beer production
Prepare to Report
- Total 2016 production barrelage
- Total pounds of hops used (by variety) to produce that beer volume (NOT total pounds of hops you bought in 2016)
- Any variety shortfalls and surplus(es) you may have experienced
The 2017 BA Hop Survey now closes Friday, September 1.
Contact Brewers Association Supply Chain Specialist Chris Swersey by email with any questions.