In 2019 the Brewers Association and the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder conducted an in-depth survey of BA member breweries. Survey subjects spanned from types of injuries, to company safety management, to the safety climate zeitgeist. Some of what we learned was in line with OSHA records and anecdotal reports. In other cases, we saw surprising differences among brewpubs, micros, and regionals. This seminar outlines useful lessons learned and suggest improvements in injury reduction, communication, and safety culture that can be made in all breweries.
- Understand what motivated the Brewers Association to sponsor this survey
- Review the demographics of the participants and the robustness of the survey
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the findings
- Draw conclusions related to commonplace injuries, safety program management, communication, discipline and reward, and the current state of safety in America’s craft breweries
- Take home tangible ideas and attitudes that can elevate safety in your brewery