Brewers often shy away from fruit in clean (non-funky) beers. Fruit can be a major flavor component of beer and open an entirely new creative path. However, certain steps must be taken to ensure positive flavor and aroma attributes, as well as successful fermentation. Fruit beers are more popular than ever, but creating them predictably requires advanced techniques. This seminar covers a wide range of topics to ensure brewers can venture into new territory for themselves and their consumers.
- How to formulate recipes around fruit and achieve predictable results
- Proper techniques for incorporating fruit and to ensure complete and clean fermentations
- How to prepare fruit for use
- Balancing flavors by controlling acidity
- Methods for testing and safely packaging fruit beers