This seminar will continue with Garrett Dean, an attorney with Sherman & Howard L.LC. Garrett represents clients across a wide variety of industries and has years of experience with trademark protection and renewals, working with breweries of all sizes. Garrett will discuss more advanced trademark topics, the subtleties of submitting a good application the first time, as well as some of the lesser known USPTO rules that can cause an application to stall.
- Trademarks – do you need them? Trademarks vs. Copyrights
- I want a trademark, now what? How to apply
- I have a trademark, now what? Protection, enforcement, use, and defense
- Stories from the trenches – the good and the bad, from collaborations to cease and desists
- Understanding some of the lesser-known requirements, including foreign word translation and foreign word equivalency
- Office Actions – what do they mean?
- Likelihood of confusion
- Requirements for ongoing registration and maintenance of your mark(s)