The seminar will provide an introduction to trademarks and why you need them, presented by Mike Drumm of BeerAttorney.com and Chris Hill of Odyssey Beerwerks. Mike and his team at BeerAttorney.com manage trademark portfolios for over 300 breweries across the country. Chris is a veteran brewery owner with firsthand experience in the trademark trenches.
- Trademarks – do you need them? Trademarks vs. Copyrights
- I want a trademark, now what? How to apply
- I have a trademark, now what? Protection, enforcement, use, and defense
- Stories from the trenches – the good and the bad, from collaborations to cease and desists
- Understanding some of the lesser-known requirements, including foreign word translation and foreign word equivalency
- Office Actions – what do they mean?
- Likelihood of confusion
- Requirements for ongoing registration and maintenance of your mark(s)