AMETEK Reichert® Announces Refractix™ Universal Digital Refractometer That Defies Classification with Laboratory Performance in a Compact, Portable Platform for the Food, Beverage, Chemical, Veterinary, Automotive Services, and Pharmaceutical Industries.
Buffalo, New York, USA: Reichert Technologies®, a business of AMETEK, Inc. and global leader in designing, engineering, and manufacturing refractometers and analytical instruments, announces the launch of Refractix™ Universal Digital Refractometer. Refractix is an all-new, innovative, and thoughtfully designed portable refractometer that defies classification and can be used as a laboratory quality benchtop just as easily as an advanced-featured, rugged handheld on the go. Refractix sets a new standard in value and performance for measurement of refractive index, concentration, and custom measurement scales in the food, beverage (including beer, wine, and spirits), chemical, veterinary, automotive services, and pharmaceutical industries. Refractix is truly a universal refractometer for all.
Refractix Universal Digital Refractometer features:
- Friendly, intuitive user interface for effortless set-up and measurements
- Easy-to-use with both a large 2.8-inch color touchscreen and physical buttons
- Sapphire prism that is 4x harder than glass prisms, and stainless steel well for
- High-resolution linear image sensor with 1,500 CCD elements. Refractix is in a class of its own, offering the accuracy and precision of a laboratory benchtop refractometer designed in an affordable, compact, and portable platform
- 250 measurement scale capacity with 50 pre-loaded scales – quickly change scales and mark favorites for easy access
- Create custom product names and assign quality control limits for easy evaluation
- Electronic data transfer to Windows® devices via USB-C or Bluetooth® with RefractixSync™, allowing transfer of real-time measurements or download the measurement data log
- Store up to 5,000 entries to track measurements over time and identify trends
- Temperature compensation guarantees measurements are adjusted to each scale’s reference temperature, giving accurate, reliable results
- Temperature stability detection ensures measurement accuracy, warning if the temperature is changing too rapidly
- Operate using AC power or built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery while on-the-go, for maximum flexibility
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA
“It is exciting to offer this advanced digital refractometer to our customers and provide them with productivity tools that benefit their measurement needs,” said Charlie Smith, Reichert Global Sales Manager. “Refractix is in a class by itself for portable refractometers that can be operated in the laboratory and in the field.”
Division Vice President and Business Unit Manager at Reichert, Ian Lee-Bennett, stated, “Refractix is our latest innovation, designed, engineered, and manufactured in America. Our first refractometer was crafted in Buffalo, New York, in 1920, and with Refractix, a new generation of engineers and technically skilled assemblers uphold the legacy of our company.”
For more information, visit reichertai.com/refractixrefractometer
About Reichert Technologies®
Reichert Technologies® is based in Buffalo, New York, and is a global leader in the design and manufacture of diagnostic instruments and devices for ophthalmologists, optometrists, eye care professionals, veterinarians, life science researchers, quality control, and field technicians.
Reichert’s complete line of digital and optical refractometers have been trusted in food, beverage, chemical, pharmaceutical, and clinical industries for decades. From the rugged family of RHINO® optical refractometers with the highest IP67 rating, to Pocket-Chek, and Refractix® family of digital refractometers that provide a more precise digital solution, Reichert refractometers are a measure above. Reichert’s eye care products have come to define vision testing, with the Phoroptor® refracting instruments, Tono-Pen® handheld tonometers, the breakthrough Ocular Response Analyzer® featuring Corneal Hysteresis for advanced glaucoma risk analysis. Reichert’s Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) instruments like the Reichert4SPR are used for drug discovery and protein therapeutics research.
Reichert Technologies® is a business of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales over $6.0 billion.