On July 25-26, the Brewers Association will host its annual Hill Climb for Brewers Association members in Washington, D.C.
Participating in a hill climb is one of the most important things a brewery owner can do to help their business be successful. Members who participate in the hill climb get the opportunity to build relationships with members of Congress and advocate on behalf of the 9,000+ breweries that make up the craft brewing industry.
Small and independent breweries need a strong and unified voice in Washington, D.C. Will you join the Brewers Association and help ensure that our industry is heard?
In the past decade, the brewing industry has experienced many changes that are a direct result of federal legislation.
- The Craft Beverage Modernization Act cut federal excise taxes in half for 99% of small brewers.
- The Restaurant Revitalization Fund and other COVID relief legislation like the Paycheck Protection Program and Employee Retention Tax Credit helped the industry weather COVID-19.
- The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) has improved label and formula approval times and streamlined tax collection and brewers notices.
These accomplishments, and others like them, were possible because of the deep relationships that the Brewers Association and our members have built at the federal level. We know that advocacy works, and having a strong presence in Washington, D.C. is more important than ever. The 118th Congress has more than 60 new legislators. This is our opportunity to create new relationships and strengthen existing ones. That is why we are encouraging all Brewers Association brewery member-owners to participate in the 2023 Hill Climb. You are the best advocate that your brewery has.
What to Expect
- The Hill Climb will be held July 25-26, 2023
- Interact with Brewers Association staff, brewery owners and executives, and allied trade members from across the country.
- Learn about the federal and regulatory issues that impact small and independent breweries.
- Engage with your elected offices and key legislators in the House and Senate.
- What’s covered: Tuesday and Wednesday receptions, Wednesday breakfast, training and scheduling of Congressional meetings
- What’s not: airfare, lodging, meals and transportation not included during lobby events
How Can I Participate?
- Register. Sign up as soon as possible. We have limited space and want to ensure that we can accommodate all participants! Contact Katie Marisic to learn more.
- Secure your hotel room at the official Hill Climb hotel, the Yotel, by using this unique booking link.
- 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET: Registration
- 2:00 – 5:00 p.m: Legislative & Industry Updates
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m: Welcome Reception (TBD) Register Now
- 7:45 – 9:00 a.m: Breakfast and Orientation
- 9:15 a.m: Picture on the Capitol Steps
- 9:30 – 4:30 p.m: Congressional Meetings
- 5:00 -7:00 p.m: Congressional Reception