Speakers: Dr. Glen Fox, Dr. Gary Spedding
Measuring beer characteristics throughout the brewing process is standard, but understanding the results can be a bit hazy. For instance, what nuances in malt quality will impact the flavor? How do polyphenol precipitants and flocking impact your beer as it’s packaged? What other quality control issues impact beers in cans as we offer more diverse types of brews?
In this sponsored BA Collab Hour webinar, speakers Dr. Glen Patrick Fox—Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences at the University of California, Davis—and Dr. Gary Spedding—Owner, Biochemist, Analytical Chemist, and Sensory Specialist at Brewing and Distilling Analytical Services (BDAS)—provide real-life examples of how understanding the science and data behind your brews will lead to a more flavorful and safer product for your customers to enjoy.
- Video: Beer 8A: Total Acidity as Titratable Acidity
- Webinar: Introduction to Beverage Can and End Coatings
- Tips: Know Before You Buy: Beer Can Specifications
- Research Article: Characterization of Carbonated Beverages Associated to Corrosion of Aluminium Packaging
- Research Article: Corrosion Resistance of Aluminum Beer Cans Containing Hand Sanitizer
- Research Article: The Study of Corrosion Behaviour of CU in Some Commercial Beverages by Chemical and Electrochemical Measurement
- Research Article: Study on the Interaction between the Food Matrix and the Metal Food Cans