The Brewers Association (BA) is seeking self-nominations for the 2022 Board of Directors election. To ensure understanding of the commitment required to serve the industry, and to improve the efficiency of the nomination process, nominees must self-nominate. The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. MDT.
The board is seeking nominees who possess one or more of the following:
- Have prior or current Brewers Association committee or subcommittee experience; OR
- Have served in an officer position with their state brewers guild; OR
- Have unique perspectives, insights, or experience that will benefit the craft brewing community.
The Brewers Association is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse board of directors that is committed to fostering equity and inclusion in the craft brewing industry. Women and nonbinary individuals, members of underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Nominees should be brewery owners or designated as the brewery voting member representative by brewery ownership.
There are five open seats – two for pub brewers, two for packaging brewers, and one for taproom brewers. The election will occur in the fall of 2022. The board terms are three years each and start in February 2023.
- Pub brewers are defined as brewers that sell more than 25% of their beer onsite, operate significant food services, and produce six million barrels or less annually.
- Packaging brewers are defined as brewers that sell 75% or more of their product outside of the brewery and produce six million barrels or less annually.
- Taproom brewers are defined as brewers that sell more than 25% of their beer onsite, do not operate significant food services, and produce six million barrels or less annually.
Board candidates should review the association’s foundational documents and Board of Directors Expectations Agreement. The governance and nominating committee will propose and set the final slate based on organizational gaps, such as geographic, size, and candidate diversity, and achievements on behalf of the craft brewing community.
All deliverables can be submitted via the form at the bottom of this page. Nominees will be required to provide:
- Candidate Statement (Maximum word count: 100 words)
- Short Answer Questions (Maximum word count: 75 words each)
- What unique skills and/or background would you bring to the board?
- What challenges do you see ahead for the craft brewing community and how, as a board member, would you help the BA navigate for members?
- What are the biggest opportunities for small and independent craft brewers?
After you submit your required and optional form information, you will be redirected to a new page to upload a photo and a video. These materials are required for your nomination to be considered complete.
- Photo: Hi-resolution, 300dpi photo of just you in the image
- Two-Minute Video: Two minutes or less, hi-resolution video
For questions, please reach out to the BA Membership Team.