Cultivating amicable and professional distribution relationships are key for building beer and beyond beer brands. This panel focuses on how to ensure a strong relationship from the get-go to the breakup, including how to negotiate a mutually beneficial distribution agreement (including key terms and provisions), craft a strong launch plan, manage the distributor relationship post-signing, and set up for an amicable separation (just in case!).
- Know what you should have in your distribution agreements, and what you should avoid
- Learn how to begin as you mean to go on, starting with a strong foundation and reasonable expectations
- Learn how to manage your distributor fairly and respectfully, to ensure brand growth and health
- Discuss how to educate your wholesaler on the brands, and how to have difficult conversations
- Recognize the difference between a rough patch and when it’s time to break up
- Learn how to document potential good cause for a break-up