Boulder, CO • November 3, 2015—Brewery registration is now underway for the 2016 World Beer Cup. Developed and run by the Brewers Association, the World Beer Cup is open to professional breweries throughout the world that meet all legal and permitting requirements for breweries in their respective country. The competition, which is among the most prestigious beer competitions in the world, takes place every two years and held in conjunction with the annual Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®.
The timeline for entries is as follows:
- November 3-17, 2015: Brewery application window
- December 1-16, 2015: Beer registration—all registered breweries will register beers during this time
- March 7-11, 2016: Competition beer must arrive in Denver for sorting
- May 1-3, 2016: Judging takes place in Philadelphia
- May 3-6: Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America® in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- May 6, 2016: Pre-Awards Ceremony beer-paired dinner (ticket purchase required—limited capacity)
- May 6, 2016: World Beer Cup Awards Ceremony
- May 30, 2016: European Awards Ceremony, Munich, Germany
The 2014 World Beer Cup saw 1,403 breweries from 58 countries around the world enter 4,754 beers in 94 style categories.
For more information about the registration process, visit the competition details page on the World Beer Cup website. The World Beer Cup is made possible in part by the support of its generous sponsors: Presenting Sponsor Krones and Partner Sponsors Ball, Barth-Hass Group, First Key, MicroStar Logistics, Sahm and Siemens.
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup℠, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, AHA National Homebrewers Conference, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.
Beer lovers are invited to learn more about the dynamic world of craft beer at CraftBeer.com and about homebrewing via the BA’s American Homebrewers Association. Follow us on Twitter.