May 9-10; Premier Pairing Event Blossoms in the District
Presented by the Brewers Association (BA), SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience is the premier beer and food pairing event in the U.S. Following its New York City debut in 2013, the seventh annual SAVOR returns to Washington, D.C. Attendees will enjoy beers from 76 small and independent American craft breweries, hailing from 29 different states and representing all regions of the country. Along with innovative and flavorful craft beers, SAVOR offers a diverse and delicious array of food pairings designed by Brewers Association culinary consultant Chef Adam Dulye, co-owner/chef of San Francisco’s The Monk’s Kettle and The Abbot’s Cellar.
Additionally, the notable personalities behind each of the craft beer brands come to the front lines at SAVOR as they serve and mingle with guests and participate in educational and private tasting salons throughout the two nights.
Friday, May 9 and Saturday, May 10, 2014
7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
National Building Museum
401 F Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
As small and independent American craft brewers continue to push the envelope with ingredients and flavors, craft beer endures in the epicurean world. SAVOR showcases the harmonies between craft beer and food, with expertly executed pairings. Delight your palate while interacting with the leaders and visionaries behind many of today’s craft beer brands.
Sale begins at 12:00 noon Eastern/11:00 am Central/10:00 am Mountain/9:00 am Pacific both days via Ticketmaster.*
Grand Tasting Ticket ($135 per ticket) includes:
• Craft beer and food (small plate) pairings—a variety of food items and two-ounce tastings of craft beer
• The opportunity to meet and talk with many luminaries and innovators of the craft beer world
• A commemorative tasting glass
• An event program with room for tasting notes
• An exit gift
Grand Tasting + Salon Package Ticket ($155 per ticket) includes:
• Entrance to Grand Tasting
• One private tasting salon of your choice
*SAVOR ticket sales are limited to two tickets per night, per order. There is limited availability.
• Attendees will receive a SAVOR collaboration beer as an exit gift, brewed by Flying Dog Brewery and Firestone Walker Brewing Co. especially for the event.
• This year, 66 percent of the participating breweries will be different from the last edition. Additionally, 62 percent of this year’s breweries were not at SAVOR in 2012, the last time the event was held in the nation’s capital. Participating breweries are selected via lottery.
Note to Editors:
For media inquiries, please contact Abby Berman.
SAVOR is made possible by a group of generous hosts, partners, breweries and supporters.
Abby Berman (on behalf of the Brewers Association)
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR?: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.