America’s Premier Craft Beer & Food Pairing Event Returns to the Nation’s Capital
SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, presented by the Brewers Association (BA), will take place in DC again this year. Recognized as the nation’s premier craft beer and food pairing event, SAVOR, in its ninth year, unites thousands of craft beer and food lovers for a unique culinary experience.
Along with indulging in distinctive craft beer and culinary creations from a diverse lineup of 76 small and independent craft breweries, guests will be able to mingle with the remarkable personalities behind the craft beers being served.
- Friday, June 3, 2016 | 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday, June 4, 2016 | 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
National Building Museum, 401 F Street NW , Washington, D.C. 20001
Small and independent craft brewers from around the country:
- 28 states and Washington, D.C. are represented
- 50 percent of breweries are first time SAVOR participants
- 70 percent of the participating breweries were not at SAVOR last year
Chef Adam Dulye, Brewers Association executive chef and co-author of CraftBeer.com’s Beer & Food Course, created the food pairing menu with collaboration from several world class chefs, Cicerones and Brewers Association staff.
With craft beer continuing to grow in popularity and new breweries emerging daily, the industry has gained increased traction in the culinary sphere. SAVOR embraces this synergy by bringing together some of America’s finest food and craft beer pairings, all curated by Chef Dulye, in order to draw attention to the diverse offerings craft brewers continue to present us with. Attendees will be able to sample appetizers and craft beers from 76 different small and independent craft brewers. Additionally, SAVOR gives guests the opportunity to broaden their knowledge in the tasting Salons; these directed educational experiences provide thought-provoking information and discussion on a variety of craft beer topics.
- Member Pre-Sale*: March 22, 2016
- Public Ticket Sale: March 23, 2016
Grand Tasting Ticket
$135 per ticket, one evening Friday or Saturday, includes:
- Craft beer and food (small plate) pairings—a variety of food items and two-ounce tastings of craft beer
- The opportunity to meet and talk with many luminaries and innovators of the craft beer world
- A commemorative tasting glass
- An event program with room for tasting notes
- An exit gift
Grand Tasting + Salon Package Ticket
$155 per ticket, one evening Friday or Saturday + one Salon, includes:
- Entrance to Grand Tasting
- One private tasting or education Salon of your choice. Review the Salon schedule to identify your preferred selection in advance of the ticket sale.
SAVOR ticket sales are limited to two tickets per night, per order. There is limited availability.
*Admission to each Salon requires a separate salon ticket and is limited to those who have already purchased a General Admission ticket for that evening.
- Collaboration beer: Deschutes Brewery in Oregon and Allagash Brewing Company in Maine came together to brew Pettygrove’s Chance exclusively for SAVOR attendees. The beer celebrates Francis Pettygrove, who named Portland after the port city in his home state of Maine, forever connecting the two states. Each attendee will receive a bottle of this special beer as an exit gift.
- Better-than-ever food pairings: This year’s menu features more extensive expert input and more creative ingredients than ever.
Note to Editors
For media inquiries, please contact Abby Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org, (646) 695-7044.
SAVOR is made possible by a group of generous hosts, partners, breweries and supporters.
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer CupSM, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, AHA National Homebrewers Conference, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.