Providing honest, effective reviews of employee performance is central to developing robust teams that will grow and adapt with the changing needs of the brewery.
The difficulty is making them effective and honest. This starts by accurately assessing the work performance of employees and teams over the entire review period, proactively including staff in the review process, and then performing the hard work of handling what comes afterwards, whether that is counseling underperforming staff or mentoring future leaders.
This BA Collab Hour webinar will cover strategies to prepare for and then deliver the feedback that resilient teams need to prosper.
- Recognize common flaws with delivering assessments
- Understand the key attributes of effective performance reviews
- Explore how to set the stage for a consistent assessment program across the brewery
- Develop strategies and techniques for accurately and proactively engaging with employees on performance
- Engage in the process: how to make your own case as an employee during a review
- Navigate how to have difficult conversations that are respectful, equitable, and constructive
About the Speaker
Gary Nicholas, Operations Manager
SanTan Brewing Company
Since beginning his brewing career in 1997, Gary Nicholas has worked in every facet of the industry across a variety of leadership roles. He is the author of the upcoming Brewers Publications book Crafting Brewery Culture: A Human Resources Guide for Small Breweries and is a co-author of the Food Safety Planning for Craft Brewers resource from the Brewers Association. Gary is an instructor at the Master Brewers Brewing & Malting and Packaging Technology courses and serves on the Master Brewers Safety Committee. He has been published in The New Brewer and delivered numerous presentations on safety, quality, and food safety issues at Craft Brewers Conferences, the World Brewing Congress, and the Master Brewers Association of the Americas. Gary is currently the Operations Manager for SanTan Brewing Company.