Exclusive benefit for BA Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
Member breweries of the Export Development Program (EDP) are invited to participate in the 2023 London Craft Beer Festival, taking place in London on August 11 & 12.
Brewery representatives are encouraged to attend the festival and market development activities leading up to the event. Travel stipends are available on a limited basis.
Deadline to apply for travel expense reimbursement: June 12
Deadline for EDP member breweries to register beer for consolidated shipment: June 30
Deadline to deliver beer to either consolidation warehouse: July 14
Cost to Participate
The Brewers Association EDP will cover event registration, booth fees, staffing, airfreight shipping of beer to the U.K., customs clearance, and onsite marketing expenses for EDP member breweries. Participating breweries are asked to cover the cost of delivering samples to the consolidation site in New Jersey.
Note: Registering beer for shipment and trade mission travel applications requires separate registration form completions.
- Trade Mission Travel Application – The application for trade mission travel can be found in the following section titled “Travel & Trade Mission Application”. Travel is not a requirement to send beer for the event. If you do not plan to apply for trade mission travel OR you have already completed an application, please proceed to step 2. Applications for travel will not be accepted after June 12, 2023.
- Beer Registration – Register your brewery and beers to be included in a consolidated shipment to the U.K. via the Registration Form at the bottom of this page no later than Friday, June 30.
- Deliver beer to the east coast consolidation warehouse no later than July 14.
- Mark all cases “BA/UK” or print/affix this pdf. Cases not labeled properly or arriving after the deadline are not guaranteed inclusion in consolidated shipments to the U.K. It is highly recommended that you ship your beer early due to reports of recurring delays in shipping.
- Consolidation Point Shipping Address
106 Kenny Place
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Phone: (201) 226-1981
Warehouse Contact: Steve Krawczuk
Travel & Trade Mission Application
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to London as part of attendance at the London Craft Beer Festival. The trade mission will enable participating breweries to meet with importers, visit retail locations and HORECA accounts, attend media functions and participate in other activities that promote American craft beer in the market. This is an opportunity both for breweries that have existing distribution in the United Kingdom and breweries that are new to the market. Brewery representative presence enhances the impact of promoting American craft beer abroad and provides a valuable opportunity for brewery staff to better understand market opportunities.
The EDP has set aside a budget to offer travel assistance in the form of reimbursement for certain expenses for brewery representatives traveling to London as part of this BA mission. Participants will be expected to represent the BA and American craft beer industry generally, work the festival on behalf of the BA, and participate in other organized EDP activities. Interested brewery staff are asked to complete the online application by June 12, 2023.
Review and selection of applications will take place on an ongoing basis and will be determined using criteria including the timing of application, number of applicants, and application alignment with the activity’s mission and goals.
Expected travel dates for the 2023 mission are August 8-13, 2023. However a final itinerary will be shared, and brewers are asked to withhold booking airfare until confirmation from the EDP team.
Apply for Trade Mission Travel Here Applications for Trade Mission Travel Are Closed
Beer Registration Form
If the registration form is not appearing below, please hit refresh on your browser.
Beer volume suggestion: Participating breweries are asked to provide up to three brands, three cases per brand. EDP member brewery representatives traveling to the event in-person are asked to send up to four cases per brand.