Exclusive benefit for BA Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
The Brewers Association Export Development Program (EDP), in partnership with the U.S. Agricultural Trade Office (ATO) Seoul, is participating in the 2023 Korea International Beer Expo (KIBEX) taking place in Seoul, South Korea from April 6-8.
KIBEX is the only beer-specialized fair in Korea where visitors can see and experience all parts of the beer industry from beer production to distribution, packaging, and consumption in one place.
Under the ‘Great American Craft Beer Showcase’ platform, the EDP and ATO Seoul will provide American craft beer suppliers with a platform to connect with the Korean beer trade for new business opportunities while promoting the quality, value, and diversity of American craft beer.
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to Korea as part of attendance at KIBEX. EDP member brewery representatives traveling to Korea will be invited to participate in market development and educational activities including seminars at the expo, and a full-day market visit of beer trade locations around Seoul.
Please refer to Korea Beer Market Report 2021 published by ATO Seoul for information about the Korean beer market.
Timeline for Participation
- February 8, 2023 – Deadline to apply for Trade Mission Travel. Note: Travel is not a requirement to participate in the Korea International Beer Expo.
- February 17, 2023 – Registration deadline to be included in the event program, activities, and pre-show targeted promotions.
- March 7, 2023 – Deadline for beer to arrive at west coast U.S. consolidation point
- April 6-8 – 2023 Korea International Beer Expo (KIBEX) takes place in Seoul, South Korea at COEX Convention & Exhibition Center
Costs to Participate
The BA will cover the cost of shipment to Korea, customs clearance, delivery, and in-market activities. Participating breweries are asked to cover the cost of delivering samples to the consolidation site in California.
Note: Registering beer for shipment and trade mission travel applications require separate registration form completions.
- Trade Mission Travel Application – The application for trade mission travel can be found in the following section titled “Travel & Trade Mission Application”. Travel is not a requirement to send beer for the event. If you do not plan to apply for trade mission travel OR you have already completed an application, please proceed to step 2. Applications for travel will not be accepted after February 8, 2023.
- Beer Registration – Register your brewery and beers to be included in a consolidated shipment to Korea via the Registration Form at the bottom of this page no later than Friday, Feb. 17.
- Deliver beer to the west coast consolidation warehouse no later than March 7.
Label all cases “BrewersAssoc/Korea” or print/attach this label.
West coast consolidation address:
**Palletized deliveries to the west coast consolidation point must make an appointment for delivery with Global Craft or may incur fees or denied delivery**
Global Craft Trading Warehouse
901 East “E” Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
Delivery Contact Person:
Travel & Trade Mission Application
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to Korea as part of attendance at the Korea International Beer Expo event. The trade mission will enable participating breweries to meet with importers, visit retail locations and HORECA accounts, attend media functions and participate in other activities that promote American craft beer in the market. This is an opportunity both for breweries that have existing distribution in Korea and breweries that are new to the market. Brewery representative presence enhances the impact of promoting American craft beer abroad and provides a valuable opportunity for brewery staff to better understand market opportunities.
The EDP has set aside a budget to offer travel assistance in the form of reimbursement for certain expenses for brewery representatives traveling to Seoul as part of this BA mission. Participants will be expected to represent the BA and American craft beer industry generally, work the trade show on behalf of the BA, and participate in other organized EDP activities. Interested brewery staff are asked to complete the online application by February 8, 2023. Review and selection of applications will take place on an ongoing basis and will be determined using criteria including the timing of application, number of applicants, and application alignment with the activity’s mission and goals
Apply for Trade Mission Travel Here
If the registration form is not appearing below, please hit refresh on your browser.