Exclusive benefit for BA Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
International competitions serve as key platforms to raise awareness for American craft beer abroad and assist breweries with generating publicity for their brands in overseas markets. Export Development Program members are invited to submit entries for judging in the 2023 Brussels Beer Challenge. Competition entry fees for up to three beers and a consolidated shipment to Belgium will be covered for all Export Development Program Members.
EDP Members: Please read all details below before registering.
About the competition:
The Brussels Beer Challenge aims to promote the beer industry in a market that is not only a benchmark for beer but also home to connoisseurs. During three days a tasting panel of internationally renowned beer judges will taste over 1,800 beers from around the world. The participating beers are divided into categories based on origin, type, and style and then evaluated. At the end of the three tasting days, the best beers, in each category, will be awarded a gold, silver, or bronze award. EDP members won 25 awards in 2022.
For more information, please visit www.brusselsbeerchallenge.com.
- June 1 – Competition registration opens
- September 8– Deadline to register with both the Brussels Beer Challenge competition and the EDP for shipment (separate registrations, both are required). Note: The official competition registration is open until October 2, however, EDP members participating in the consolidated shipment must complete the EDP shipment registration by September 8 in order to be included in the consolidated shipment to Belgium.
- September 14 – Consolidation deadline. Final day for beer to arrive at the east coast consolidation point.
- November 20 – Results announced.
The Brewers Association will cover the entry fee for up to three brands (bottles and cans only) per brewery and consolidated airfreight shipment for Export Development Program members.
Breweries can submit more than three brands but will be asked to remit payment for the number of brands submitted beyond three. The fee per additional brand is €180.
EDP members must register in two stages: Once with the competition to officially submit entries, and again with the EDP (via the form at the bottom of this page) to participate in consolidated airfreight shipping to Belgium. Failure to complete both registrations may result in omission from the shipment. Please read and follow all steps outlined below:
Step 1: Register your beers with the Brussels Beer Challenge Competition by September 8.
- Read the competition Rules & Regulations and Style Category Guidelines
- Register your entries through the Competition Registration (online and form registration available)
- Payment instructions for EDP Members: Once on the Brussels Beer Challenge payment page, use coupon/voucher code BA2023FREE3B to receive entry fee coverage on your first three entries. Breweries registering more than three entries will provide payment information at this stage for the remaining balance.
Step 2: Complete the EDP consolidated shipment form at the bottom of this page by September 8.
Step 3: Deliver entries to the east coast consolidation point no later than September 14. Please label all cases “BA/Brussels Beer Challenge”.
Entries arriving after September 14 will not be included in the consolidated shipment.
Whereas some international beer competitions require labeling each bottle or can with competition registration information, the Brussels Beer Challenge does not have a labeling requirement. Entries are identified by competition staff using commercial labeling.
Required Beer Volumes
Per competition guidelines, the number of bottles/cans per entry is as follows:
- Six bottles/cans for units packaged in volumes at or below 0.5l (16oz)
- Three bottles/cans for units packaged in volumes above 0.5l
Entries are due at the east coast consolidation warehouse by September 14.
Mark all cases “BA/Brussels Beer Challenge or print/affix this pdf.
Looking for tips on packing/shipping beer for competitions? Start with Slide 15 of this Craft Brewers Conference seminar “International Shipping for U.S. Brewers”.
East coast consolidation warehouse address:
Attn: BA/Brussels Beer Challenge
106 Kenny Place
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Phone: (201) 226-1981
Warehouse Contact: Steve Krawczuk
EDP Shipping Registration Form:
If the registration form is not appearing below, please hit refresh on your browser.