Exclusive benefit for Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
Member breweries of the Export Development Program are invited to participate in the Beer & Food Attraction international exhibition taking place in Rimini, Italy on February 19-22, 2023.
Beer & Food Attraction, now in its eighth year, is an international fair dedicated to craft beer, food, and beverages for the Horeca channel. In addition to showcasing a comprehensive range of international beers and drinks, the event’s Food Attraction show is dedicated to presenting food specialties matched with beer. More than 100 events including training sessions, workshops, competitions, and cooking shows take place each year.
Members interested in the Italian and Eastern European markets are encouraged to participate. Previous year’s attendance saw more than 20,000 trade contacts in the food and beverage sector from Italy and other European markets.
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to Italy as part of attendance to the Beer & Food Attraction event. The trade mission will enable participating breweries to meet with importers, visit retail locations and HORECA accounts, attend media functions and participate in other activities that promote American craft beer in the market.
For more information, please visit the Beer & Food Attraction website.
Timeline for Participation
- December 29, 2022 – Deadline to apply for Trade Mission Travel. Note: Travel is not a requirement to participate in the Beer & Food Attraction Event.
- January 13, 2023 – Beer Registration Deadline
- January 19, 2023 – Deadline for beer to arrive at west coast consolidation AND Export Certificates are due.
- February 19-22, 2023 – Beer & Food Attraction takes place.
Costs to Participate
The BA will cover the cost of airfreight shipment to Italy, customs clearance, delivery, and onsite activities. Participating breweries will be asked to cover the cost of delivering samples to the consolidation site in California.
Beer Volume Requirements
It is suggested to send up to three different beers, up to two cases of each. No more than six cases total.
Brewery representatives traveling to Italy are asked to send up to eight cases.
Note: Registering beer for shipment and trade mission travel applications require separate registration form completions.
1. Trade Mission Travel Application – The application for trade mission travel can be found in the following section titled “Travel & Trade Mission Application”. Travel is not a requirement to send beer for the event. If you do not plan to apply for trade mission travel OR you have already completed an application, please proceed to step 2. Applications for travel will not be accepted after December 29, 2022.
2. Beer Registration – Register your brewery and beers to be included in a consolidated shipment to Italy via the form at the bottom of this page no later than Friday, Jan. 13.
- Within the registration form, brewers must provide for each beer: 1) Production Lot Code, 2.) Best By Date, and 3.) Label artwork. All three are required for customs clearance in Italy.
3. Export Certificate Submission – Both documents are due no later than Thursday, Jan 19 for all beer being sent for consolidation.
To ship beer to Italy, breweries must complete and provide two documents for customs clearance. These documents must be emailed (word doc or PDF in a digital format that is not scanned) to Steve Parr and Brett Naylor. For breweries that have previously shipped beer to Italy or participated in an EDP shipment to Italy, it is suggested that previously completed export certificates be used as a template. Specifically, each brewery is required to fill out and provide the following documents on brewery letterhead with your logo:
- Manufacturers Certificate for each beer – download template
This certificate breaks down the ingredients in each product by weight in the recipe, including any specialty (non-regular beer) ingredients and their country of origin. Water, malted barley, hops, and yeast do not need to state their country of origin, only ingredients such as fruit, spices, etc. The contents/requirements of this certificate are:
- On company letterhead with the title “Manufacturers Certification”
- Name of the Beer
- Packaging Type and Size in oz and ml (bottles, cans, kegs)
- Alcohol Percentage
- List of ingredients with their percentage by weight in the recipe as well as the country of origin of any specialty ingredients. This is the most critical portion of this certificate. To calculate the numbers, it is sufficient to take the weight of all ingredients going into the recipe (malted barley, hops, water, yeast and any specialty ingredients) rather than what is in the finished product once filtered. If there are any specialty ingredients, their country of origin must be listed. Hop and grain types do not need to be separated, however, wheat should be listed as a separate item if present in the recipe.
- Standard statement that the ingredients and processing requirements meet US Food requirements for human consumption.
- Name of the person authorized to provide this information as well as the brewery address at the bottom of the page.
- Certificate of Health & Sanitation– download template
This certificate certifies that all products shipped comply with provisions governing the production of alcoholic beverages for human consumption in the United States. The contents/requirements of this certificate are:
- Printed on company letterhead/company name with the title “Certificate of Health/Sanitation”
- Company information to include business name, address, and Brewer’s Notice number
- Shipped To information field as follows:
- Country: Italy
- Company: Rimini Fiera Expo Center, Attn: Beer Attraction Show
- Address: Via Emilia 155, 47921, Rimini, Italy, Padiglione D5
- List each beer shipped along with the number of cases, number of units per case, and unit volume
- Name or signature on both pages of the brewery staff person that is authorized with the TTB
- Do not send the completed document to TTB for stamping. The EDP team will complete this step for you.
Travel & Trade Mission Application
The Brewers Association will be hosting a trade mission to Italy as part of attendance to the Beer & Food Attraction event. The trade mission will enable participating breweries to meet with importers, visit retail locations and HORECA accounts, attend media functions and participate in other activities that promote American craft beer in the market. This is an opportunity both for breweries that have existing distribution in Italy and breweries that are new to the market. Brewery representative presence enhances the impact of promoting American craft beer abroad and provides a valuable opportunity for brewery staff to better understand market opportunities.
The EDP has set aside a budget to offer travel assistance in the form of reimbursement for certain expenses for brewery representatives traveling to Rimini as part of this BA mission. Participants will be expected to represent the BA and American craft beer industry generally, work the festival on behalf of the BA and participate in other organized EDP activities. Interested brewery staff are asked to complete the online application by December 29, 2022. Review and selection of applications will take place on an ongoing basis and will be determined using criteria including the timing of application, number of applicants, and application alignment with the activity’s mission and goals.
Apply for Trade Mission Travel here.
Shipping Beer to Consolidation
Beer for the event must arrive at the west coast consolidation warehouse no later than January 19, 2023. Beers that do not arrive on time or are not labeled properly are not guaranteed participation.
All cases must be labeled to ensure proper consolidation. Please label each case: “BrewersAssoc/Italy” or print/attach this label.
Note: Palletized deliveries must be scheduled with Global Craft prior to arrival. It is required to have a dock appointment otherwise delivery may be refused or assessed for additional fees.
Global Craft Trading Warehouse:
Global Craft Trading, Inc.
901 East “E” Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
Tel: 424-368-0197 Delivery Contact Person: Brett Naylor, email@example.com, 424-368-0197
Questions? Contact EDP manager Steve Parr.
If the registration form is not appearing below, please hit refresh on your browser.