The Brewers Association and American Homebrewers Association invite Capitol Hill employees to show off their brewing skills in the Annual Capitol Hill Staff Homebrew Competition!
- Number of Entries: We have limited the number of entries to 50. Friends and offices may brew together!
- Eligibility: Any employee on Capitol Hill may enter the competition (e.g. congressional staffer, security personnel, custodial staff, etc.).
- Date: All entries must be brewed and delivered to the judging location (TBD) between November 22 and December 6, 2019.
- Styles: All beer styles are welcome!
- Rules: See the competition’s Rules & Regulations which includes how to package, label, and submit your beer.
- Judging: Judging will be done by certified beer judges and all participants will receive detailed tasting notes about their beer. The winner(s) will have bragging rights and get their name engraved onto the Capitol Hill Staff Homebrew Champion Trophy, which they may keep for the span of one year on display. The winner will be announced December 11, 2019.
- July 2-November 1: Sign up to participate
- August 1-November 1: Brew your beer in this time frame to have it ready to submit for judging
- November 22-December 6: Drop off beer for judging (location TBD)
- December 8: Judging
- December 11: Award Ceremony and Brewers Association’s Holiday Tasting. The AHA will pour participants’ beer at the tasting!
Want to Participate?
For more information on the competition, please contact AHA Competition Coordinator John Moorhead at email@example.com.