Event DetailsLocation: London, UK
DeadlinesJune 15- Register beers to be included in GBBF program
July 18- Beers for west coast consolidation due
July 20- Beers for east coast consolidation due Add to Calendar 08-07-18 08-11-18 Denver/America 2018 Great British Beer Festival London, UK MM/DD/YYYY true
Exclusive benefit for BA Export Development Program members
Not a member? Learn more about the Program benefits and fees.
Britain’s biggest beer festival will be celebrating its 41st year in London this August.
The Brewers Association Export Development Program is participating in the Great British Beer Festival for the 14th consecutive year. This year the American beer bar at GBBF will be in the main hall of the Festival venue.
The UK is the second largest export market globally for BA EDP members and grew by 7.1%. As the UK beer market continues to evolve and consumers have greater access to locally-made beer, the GBBF remains a key event in the EDP schedule.
If you will be attending the Great British Beer Festival in person, please contact Steve Parr. Your assistance in promoting American craft beers at the festival and at the outside events are appreciated.
Details & Registration
The Brewers Association will have a booth for EDP member breweries and their beers. Events will be hosted outside the Festival for the trade & media promoting American craft beers including:
- August 6 – Informal tasting of EDP members’ beers at the British Guild of Beer Writers Pre-GGBF reception at Brixton Brewery
- August 7 – Guided tasting of EDP members’ beers at The Disillers pub, Hammersmith, London W4. Brewers are encouraged to attend and present their beers.
- August 8 – Beer and food pairing media event with BA Executive Chef, Adam Dulye
- August 9 – Canned US craft beer takeover event at The Rake, Borough Market, London
- Other events to be confirmed
EDP members have a choice of one of two consolidation points for this year’s event. Please indicate which location you will be shipping to in the registration form below.
Entries must be registered by June 15 to be included in the Festival printed program. See the submission form at the bottom of this page to submit your entries.
Beers due by July 20 to New Jersey warehouse.
Beers due by July 18 to California warehouse. **an appointment must be made with Brett Naylor for delivery**
Volume & Items Needed
- Bottled beer: Send up to five brands per brewery and up to four cases per brand of bottled beer.
- Can beers: send up to five brands per brewery and two cases per brand.
- Send your flagship/best-selling beer, award-winning beers, rare, seasonal and/or experimental beers, which will help to promote the quality and diversity of American craft beers and to ensure a wider variety of American beer styles.
- Preference for beers in 12oz bottles/cans, limit larger size containers such as 22oz to maximum of 2 cases.
- 1-2 liner tasting notes for the programs
- Send only full cases per brand as opposed to mixed cases
- Merchandising material is welcome, such as t-shirts, bottle openers, beer mats etc.
- Please ship your beers in their original cases (bottles and cans)
In the form at the bottom of this page you will be asked for the following:
- Brand name
- Bottle/can size
- ABV% for each brand
- Allergen info
- Number of cases
Shipment & Deadlines
The BA will cover the cost of shipment to London, customs clearance, delivery and the activities. Participating breweries will be asked to cover the cost of delivering samples and POS to the consolidation sites in New Jersey or California.
East coast Consolidated Shipment Deadline Friday, July 20, 2018
Beers can be delivered starting July 16 – final delivery date is Friday, July 20. Label each case: BA/GBBF
East Coast consolidation site address:
Sterling Transport Services
c/o CDS Logistics
8 Engelhard Avenue
Avenel, NJ 07001
Contact: Rich Graber 732-868-1200
West coast Consolidated Shipment Deadline Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Beers can be delivered starting July 16 – final delivery date is Wednesday, July 18. Label each case: BA/GBBF **Breweries using the west coast consolidation point must make an appointment for delivery with Brett Naylor at Global Craft**
West Coast consolidation site address:
Global Craft Trading Warehouse
901 East “E” Street
Wilmington, CA 90744
Delivery Contact Person: