Best Practices for Procurement, Performance and Use of Single Use Beer Kegs
The guidelines aim to:
- Provide manufacturers and commercial users of single use kegs a guideline of minimum quality recommendations.
- Facilitate the safe operation of single use kegs and their components throughout the brewing industry network.
- Maintain positive communication between all involved parties.
The Single Use Keg Guidelines and supporting documents will provide all craft brewers with:
- Best practice guidance in the development of specifications for and procurement of single use beer kegs.
- Anticipated performance parameters of single use beer kegs in the face of the rigors of the trade common in a single use keg’s life-cycle.
- Best practice guidance in all phases of single use keg service and functionality that will ensure optimal performance and safe operation.
The guidelines were developed with all U.S. brewing industry stakeholders in mind:
- Keg, valve and chemical suppliers
- Keg filling equipment suppliers
The guidelines contain information drawn from current best practices and recommendations from:
- Brewers of all sizes
- Brewing industry suppliers
- Numerous regulations and standards promulgated by diverse governing bodies
The keg usage guidelines are designed to be “living documents.” The Brewers Association (BA) continues to collect relevant information from brewers, manufacturers and others industry stakeholders. We request that you provide BA staff with additional information you may have that will help us in the continued evolution of the Guidelines or the advancement of keg and brewery safety and quality.
The BA would like to extend its gratitude to the subject experts at Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc, Terry Stead, Renee Benson and Wendell Perkins for their expertise and dedication to the creation and development of the Performance Guidelines for Single Beer Kegs.