This 2-week short course is intended to enable persons who perform or manage draught line cleaning operations to develop and practice a specialized knowledge of safe work practices in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. In addition to receiving a certificate of completion, students will learn how to control safety and health risks surrounding draught beer handling, create a safer and healthier workplace, and foster a workplace culture that accomplishes all the above.
Length: 2-weeks (15 hours)
Format: 100% online, including short on-demand videos and self-paced assignments
Model: Instructor-led, with two live virtual classrooms
Class Size: Under 40 students
Access Safety Courses
Already signed up? View Courses
Please Note: This training program is at capacity for the year. We encourage you to check back next year for more scheduled offerings, or contact email@example.com for information on additional trainings and educational resources.
Who Should Take this Course?
- All staff responsible for cleaning draught beer lines
- Brewery and retail workers, including owners and front-of-house staff
- Wholesalers (where applicable)
- Line cleaning technicians
- Other draught system professionals
- Implement safe and effective practices when cleaning draught beer lines
- Interpret a safety data sheet (SDS) to inform methods and materials
- Conduct a hazard assessment and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs)
The Brewers Association welcomes comments regarding the current training and suggestions for additional topics to address in the future. Contact kaylyn@BrewersAssociation.org to provide feedback.
At the time of initial publication of this document, this Brewers Association project was funded by a grant of $132,664 federal funds, which constitutes 100% of the program budget. Zero percent of the program budget was financed through non-governmental sources.