This June, Rob Fullmer, executive director of the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild (ACBG), accepted the award for the “Best Grassroots Campaign” from the Arizona Capitol Times. This award is a result of the guild’s work to …More
- Headed to Boulder HQ for a few days with my colleagues in the beautiful Spruce St office this week.
- CCBA bi-annual meeting in San Diego always impressive & informative, all seminars host top-notch speakers. Be sure to check out the upcoming CA Craft Beer Summit!
- Closed Hawaiian CBG meet with project deadlines & progress promised… headed to CA CBA meet in SDO today.
- Headed to NY for annual NYSBA meeting and TapNY local craft beer & food fest at Hunter Mtn.
- Joining BA staff in Denver for GABF. Looking forward to discussing state guilds at the Support Your Local Brewery Pavilion.
- Meeting with the leadership of 11 state guilds at the annual Midwest regional guild gathering.
Read more from Acacia Coast
July 1 marks the departure of Tony Herbert after nearly seven years as executive director at the Montana Brewers Association (MBA). Tony supported multiple sessions of legislation, including: 2009: Passed legislation increasing ABV for beer to 14%, up from a cap of 8.5%. 2011: Passed a bill allowing for growler sales in taverns, and failed on a …More
In May, I traveled to Maui to meet with the Hawaiian Craft Brewers Guild (HCBG). Though Hawaiian breweries have been working hard to grow the presence of craft beer in the state, they are faced …More
Brewers Guild of Alaska (BGA) recently announced the hire of their new executive director, Ryan Makinster. Ryan is the 31st director of the 51 total state (and D.C.) brewers guilds. BGA is a non-profit trade association founded …More
Hoping to inspire unity and collaboration, I joined the Granite State Brewers Association (GSBA) for a voting-member meeting in April. The GSBA formed relatively recently, in late 2013, and is still in the challenging initial formation stage of building a …More
Nearly two decades ago, long before the harmonious partnership of beer at the dinner table was recognized, Nat Collins and Bill Woodring decided they wanted to host a beer and food festival. Bill recalls, “It …More