The Arkansas Brewers Guild has announced their first annual Arkansas Brewers Conference & Festival to be held Saturday, July 18. The event will be hosted in Little Rock at the Arkansas State Fair Complex and is …More
- Enjoying the discussions at Nevins in Plainfield at the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild meeting today.
- Headed to Boulder HQ for a few days with my colleagues in the beautiful Spruce St office this week.
- CCBA bi-annual meeting in San Diego always impressive & informative, all seminars host top-notch speakers. Be sure to check out the upcoming CA Craft Beer Summit!
- Closed Hawaiian CBG meet with project deadlines & progress promised… headed to CA CBA meet in SDO today.
- Headed to NY for annual NYSBA meeting and TapNY local craft beer & food fest at Hunter Mtn.
- Joining BA staff in Denver for GABF. Looking forward to discussing state guilds at the Support Your Local Brewery Pavilion.
Read more from Acacia Coast
This June, Rob Fullmer, executive director of the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild (ACBG), accepted the award for the “Best Grassroots Campaign” from the Arizona Capitol Times. This award is a result of the guild’s work to pass SB1030, also known as “The Arizona Beer Bill.” This new legislation allows breweries to …More
July 1 marks the departure of Tony Herbert after nearly seven years as executive director at the Montana Brewers Association (MBA). Tony supported multiple sessions of legislation, including: 2009: Passed legislation increasing ABV for beer to 14%, up from a cap …More
In May, I traveled to Maui to meet with the Hawaiian Craft Brewers Guild (HCBG). Though Hawaiian breweries have been working hard to grow the presence of craft beer in the state, they are faced …More
Brewers Guild of Alaska (BGA) recently announced the hire of their new executive director, Ryan Makinster. Ryan is the 31st director of the 51 total state (and D.C.) brewers guilds. BGA is a non-profit trade association founded …More
Hoping to inspire unity and collaboration, I joined the Granite State Brewers Association (GSBA) for a voting-member meeting in April. The GSBA formed relatively recently, in late 2013, and is still in the challenging initial formation stage of building a …More
Nearly two decades ago, long before the harmonious partnership of beer at the dinner table was recognized, Nat Collins and Bill Woodring decided they wanted to host a beer and food festival. Bill recalls, “It …More
Each August in Madison, Wisconsin, adjacent to the Great Taste of the Midwest, 11 state guilds are invited to participate in a regional guild gathering. In 2012 the Wisconsin and Minnesota craft brewers guilds determined that with so many …More
Two years ago, I met with Idaho brewing community in Idaho Falls to rally the state and support their formal organization. Fast forward to 2014, Idaho Brewers United (IBU) is now formally official. Though it …More
State Brewers Association Coordinator Acacia Coast recently visited the Utah Brewers Guild for their annual meeting. Here she provides an update on the guilds progress supporting small brewers in the state and navigating the unfriendly alcohol laws.