The Washington Brewers Guild (WBG) recently announced the hire of Annie McGrath as the guild’s full-time executive director. Annie joins the WBG with a very strong political background and over a decade of experience working …More
- Taking the ferry this weekend from Cape May to Lewes with the NJ & DE guilds at their joint craft beer fest, Brews by the Bay.
- Off to Bismarck, North Dakota for a guild meeting tomorrow, Aug 18!
- Ten states joining Art DeCelle and I in Madison for the 4th annual Regional Gathering of the Guilds.
- Enjoying the discussions at Nevins in Plainfield at the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild meeting today.
- Headed to Boulder HQ for a few days with my colleagues in the beautiful Spruce St office this week.
- CCBA bi-annual meeting in San Diego always impressive & informative, all seminars host top-notch speakers. Be sure to check out the upcoming CA Craft Beer Summit!
Read more from Acacia Coast
Each August in Madison, Wis., the guilds from the 11 states that participate in the Great Taste of the Midwest festival are invited to join a regional gathering. This was the fourth year for this meeting. The gathering began when Wisconsin and Minnesota craft brewers guilds determined that with so many small brewers in one place for the …More
I recently attended the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild’s (ICBG) third quarter meeting, held in the far west corn field-covered suburbs of Plainfield, Ill. at Nevin’s Brewing. The ICBG, founded in 1997, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting and …More
The Arkansas Brewers Guild has announced their first annual Arkansas Brewers Conference & Festival to be held Saturday, July 18. The event will be hosted in Little Rock at the Arkansas State Fair Complex and is …More
This June, Rob Fullmer, executive director of the Arizona Craft Brewers Guild (ACBG), accepted the award for the “Best Grassroots Campaign” from the Arizona Capitol Times. This award is a result of the guild’s work to …More
July 1 marks the departure of Tony Herbert after nearly seven years as executive director at the Montana Brewers Association (MBA). Tony supported multiple sessions of legislation, including: 2009: Passed legislation increasing ABV for beer to 14%, up from a cap …More
In May, I traveled to Maui to meet with the Hawaiian Craft Brewers Guild (HCBG). Though Hawaiian breweries have been working hard to grow the presence of craft beer in the state, they are faced …More
Brewers Guild of Alaska (BGA) recently announced the hire of their new executive director, Ryan Makinster. Ryan is the 31st director of the 51 total state (and D.C.) brewers guilds. BGA is a non-profit trade association founded …More
Hoping to inspire unity and collaboration, I joined the Granite State Brewers Association (GSBA) for a voting-member meeting in April. The GSBA formed relatively recently, in late 2013, and is still in the challenging initial formation stage of building a …More
Nearly two decades ago, long before the harmonious partnership of beer at the dinner table was recognized, Nat Collins and Bill Woodring decided they wanted to host a beer and food festival. Bill recalls, “It …More