Since 2018, the Diversity in Beer Writing Grant has provided opportunities to highlight the value of stories that showcase diversity and inclusion – in all its forms and challenges – within beer. To best align with this goal, and to support a growing collection of writers that have not traditionally been represented covering the beer industry, those who identify as female, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Winners receive a cash stipend for completed work.
Learn more and complete an application here.
Applications must be submitted by 12:00 PM eastern on Sunday, February 7.
See the work of previous recipients on CraftBeer.com:
- Rebecca Johnson (2018): Pride, Not Prejudice: Brewing Safe Spaces for the LGBTQ+ Community
- Beth Demmon (2019): Craft, Community, and Children: The State of Parenting in the American Beer Industry
- Adriana Fraser (2019): Celebrating Women in Beer at 2019 Beer With(out) Beards Festival
- Alessandra Bergamin (2020): A Cross-Border Brew Fosters the Next Generation of Latina Brewers
- Stephanie Grant (2020): Creating Safe Spaces for Women in the Beer Industry
- Louis Livingston-Garcia (2020): Brewing Change Collaborative Tackles Diversity in the Twin Cities Beer Community
For questions or more information about the grant, contact Bryan Roth, NAGBW director, at email@example.com.
Underwriting for the 2021 Diversity in Beer Writing Grant comes from Allagash Brewing Company.