Nov. 1 – Nov. 14, 2022: Brewery and Beer Registration Period
- Breweries apply online to participate at WorldBeerCup.org.
- The cost to participate is $180 per each beer brand entered into the competition.
- Breweries will be limited to 6 competition entries to start. If additional entry spots are available after registration closes Nov. 14, breweries may be offered the chance to enter additional beers.
Consolidation Points Available for Breweries Outside the U.S.
It’s now easier and more affordable than ever to compete in the World Beer Cup. We’ve added beer consolidation points in several key areas across the globe to make shipping your beer simple and cost effective.
- See detailed shipping information.
Winners Announced in Nashville on May 10, 2023
World Beer Cup awards will be presented on May 10, 2023, in Nashville, Tenn., in conjunction with the Craft Brewers Conference® & BrewExpo America®. The awards ceremony will also be available via livestream.
- Discounted Nashville hotel rooms are available: book now.
About the World Beer Cup
The Brewers Association developed the World Beer Cup Competition in 1996 to celebrate the art and science of brewing. The competition recognizes brewing excellence in 111 categories but does not automatically award the top three entries in a particular category. When judges determine that a category contains three excellent examples of the style, they present gold, silver, and bronze awards for the first, second, and third place beers, respectively.
“Evaluating beer happens on many levels,” says Chris Williams, competition director. “On a professional level, beer evaluation is a form of peer review. The results are public, so consumers can learn what beers meet a high level of quality and what beers exemplify certain styles as interpreted by the judges.”
- Learn more about award criteria and judging.
2023 Competition Sponsors
Competition questions? Contact the Brewers Association by email.