The Brewers Association’s (BA) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Mini-Grants Program is now accepting funding proposals for events, media production projects, and educational and training initiatives that will be completed in 2023. Since its inception in 2019, the grants program has provided more than $150,000 in grant funds to DEI organizers and advocates around the country who have thoughtfully and intentionally promoted and fostered a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive craft beer community.
The BA Philanthropy and Outreach Subcommittee will evaluate proposals on a rolling basis between November 1, 2022 and October 31, 2023. Grants cover no more than 25% of total project budgets up to $5,000. All proposals will be evaluated for how closely they align with the following strategic goals:
2022 DEI Mini-Grant Funded Projects
- Increase access to and responsible appreciation of craft beer for underrepresented populations and those who have experienced barriers to accessing the broader craft brewing community.
- Promote employment and ownership opportunities in the craft brewing community for members of underrepresented populations and those in the craft brewing community who have experienced barriers to access and advancement.
- Celebrate the diversity of the craft brewing community and increase the visibility of underrepresented groups and experiences.
- Develop the cultural competence and increase the adoption of diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices among members of the broader craft brewing community.
- Leverage the strengths of the craft brewing community to fight injustice, eliminate disparities, and provide solutions to an array of challenges that impact those who produce and enjoy craft beer.
Those interested in submitting a proposal for a DEI Mini-Grant should familiarize themselves with the program guidelines outlined in the 2023 Announcement of Funding Opportunity and explore the lists of previously funded projects posted on the BA website.
“We’re hopeful that we will see 2023 DEI Mini-Grant applicants submitting proposals for new and innovative events, media production projects, and educational initiatives” said Alana Koenig-Busey, BA DEI Project Coordinator. “The Philanthropy and Outreach Subcommittee committee is eager to support organizers who are poised to make a meaningful impact in the craft brewing community.”