The 2022 Brewers Association (BA) Board of Directors election opens October 24 and runs through November 14. Voting members of the association will have the option to vote online or by mail-in ballot. Voting member criteria are described by the BA bylaws.
Five board positions are open: two for the packaging brewer class, two for the pub brewer class, and one for the taproom brewer class. These board positions start in February 2023.
Review candidate biographies and statements.
- Only one ballot per member brewing company will be counted (NOT one vote per location).
- Each voting member brewery should only vote in one category. If you are unsure which category is correct, you can vote in all three. We will review your ballot and retain the votes in the correct category.
- Voting member criteria are described by the BA bylaws (no breweries in planning, contract breweries, etc.).
Note: Only vote(s) in your voting membership class will count.
What does the Board of Directors do?
Which class should I vote in? Packaging, pub brewer, or taproom?
The Brewers Association recognizes three voting classes. Please vote in the class that best represents your craft brewery. If you’re not sure which class you belong to, please vote for all three categories and BA staff will retain the votes in the correct one.
- Pub brewers are defined as those who sell more than 25% of their production onsite and operate significant food services.
- Packaging brewers are defined as those who sell 75% or more of their production outside of the brewery.
- Taproom brewers are defined as those who sell more than 25% of their production onsite and do not operate significant food services.
Why are there only two pub brewer nominees and one taproom brewer nominee?
In 2022, there are two nominees for two open board positions in the pub brewer election, and one nominee for one open board position in the taproom election. We encourage members interested in further engagement, such as a committee role and/or future board candidacy, to reach out to Paul Gatza, senior vice president of the professional division.