We want you…and your hop usage data, for the 2020 Brewers Association (BA) Hop Survey. The survey is open now through Friday, July 31. We need your participation to accurately communicate with hop growers and dealers.
The 2020 BA Hop Survey closes Friday, July 31.
Each pound of hops you report represents a “vote” that growers use to make planting decisions that in turn help you to access the hops you treasure for your beer brands. So vote and be counted!
Since 2007, the BA has provided craft brewer hop usage data to hop growers at their annual Hop Growers Association meeting. Over time, this very important communication has allowed growers to make important planting decisions with confidence in the market. With your input, the hop market has completely shifted from 20% aroma acres to 80% aroma acres.
As an incentive to participation, the Brewers Association is pleased to offer a 44 pound box of award winning 2019 crop year Cascade pellets to one lucky random respondent. These outstanding Cascades were grown at Tributary Hop Farm in Granger, Washington, owned by Patrick Smith. Tributary Hop Farm was awarded the 2020 Cascade Cup competition organized by the Hop Quality Group for this lot of hops.
All survey data is kept in confidence and only aggregated results are shared.
- Open to any U.S. brewer of any size
- In particular, we need data from breweries with 1,000-25,000 barrels of production
- Breweries opened after January 1, 2019 should wait until next year to respond
- This survey measures production over the full 12 months of 2019 beer production
Prepare to Report
- Total 2019 production barrelage
- Total pounds of hops used (by variety) to produce that beer volume (NOT total pounds of hops you bought in 2019)
- Any variety shortfalls and surplus(es) you may have experienced
- New this year: two short questions on your malt usage, including total malt and grains used, and total pounds of base malt used