The Brewers Association announces a job opening for a professional division assistant to work on division programs and membership development. I request a reply by email to email@example.com by email with cover letter and resume by December 2, 2011. My desire is to have the right candidate in place by and starting the role on January 3, 2012. Thanks.
Position Title: Brewers Association Division Assistant
Department: Professional Division of the Brewers Association
Position Reports To: Brewers Association Director
Nature of the Position (general description):
The role of divisional assistant is to participate with the staff of the Professional Division of the Brewers Association in the execution of the divisional annual plan. Areas of focus include member relations/member programs, website updating and oversight, the Beer Industry Production Survey, events, conference planning, government affairs program support, invoicing, data entry and management, market development committee and other committee liaison work. Some knowledge of craft beer is required. The position is located in the Brewers Association’s Boulder office, and is not a role that could operate in a remote office due to staff coordination needs.
Hours of the position: 40 hours per week is required Monday through Friday 8-5, with some additional overtime nighttime hours for special events such as the Great American Beer Festival and Craft Brewers Conference.
Benefits: Not Exempt. The position will qualify for vacation time and health benefits in accordance with the Brewers Association Personnel Manual and health plan.
Position Duties (primary and secondary):
• General administrative assistance.
• Assist membership coordinator and marketing department in all membership development campaigns.
• Assistance in membership relations.
• Copy writing, oversight and development of features and assigned updating of member lists, committee rosters and sell sheets and brewpubs and government affairs areas for BrewersAssociation.org web area.
• Lead professional division social media activities related to BrewersAssociation.org.
• Coordination of the Craft Brewers Conference seminar subcommittee, including outreach, proposal collection, communication of rejections/approvals program and “quick glimpse” content collection and website content fulfillment.
• Developing brewery partnerships for the Support Your Local Brewery program.
• Submit web requests and coordinate staff for Support Your Local Brewery action alerts.
• Lead social media for Support Your Local Brewery.
• Maintain professional division membership records in database.
• Running database reports for association projects.
• Coordinate mailings and assist other staff in other divisions and departments in mailings.
• Coordinate survey mailing, staff involvement, temporary employee calling and data collection and entry of the Beer Industry Production Survey. Future years may involve data sorting and preparation of items for The New Brewer.
• Update online member lists.
• Assist with research on brewery openings and closings.
• Prepare and disseminate divisional meeting notes.
• Prepare committee meeting/conference call notes as assigned.
• Build and ship special event member packets.
• Serve as Brewers Association Forum moderator backup during moderator outages.
• Serve as primary Brewers Association Forum moderator should organizational needs require this primary responsibility.
• Serve as member services backup for meetings and outages as needed.
• Assist other Brewers Association staff as assigned on unforeseen projects that demand extra help.
• Serve as staff liaison as assigned on projects related to committees.
• Coordinate committee projects that require association involvement, such as chain buyer and wholesaler sell sheets and contact list maintenance.
• Reply to student information requests.
• Coordinate ballot mailing and online parts of board of directors elections.
• Coordinate Craft Brewers Beer Garden at NBWA and other shows, if assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Measure of Success: Successful completion of the position will be evaluated on:
Proper completion of tasks
Ability to work in concert with Professional Division of the Brewers Association Director, Professional Division of the Brewers Association Membership Coordinator, all other staff at Brewers Association and Brewers Association members and non-member contacts
Ability to problem solve
Ability to communicate details of project
Ability to document projects for others
This position may be required to attend and work at the Craft Brewers Conference and Great American Beer Festival and other events as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Required:
This position requires some knowledge of craft beer flavor and American craft brewers’ products. A passion for American craft brewers and their craft beers is a plus. The ideal candidate will know how to work in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel, and gain an aptitude in the association management database and website updating methodologies.