Note Deadlines in the email:
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 14th – online with the AIBA organizers
Beers to Brewers Association warehouse due: Tuesday, March 18th
The Brewers Association would like to inform all Export Development Program members of the 2014 Australian International Beer Awards, the AIBA, www.rasv.com.au/beer. If you are not a BA EDP member, please contact Mark Snyder.
The Australian International Beer Awards (AIBA) is the pre-eminent showcase for premium beer and brewing excellence in the Asia Pacific region. In 2013 the AIBA received a record 1,480 entries from 35 countries around the world, highlighting its strong international reputation.
The competition will be presided over by Chief Judge, Brad Rogers, who has had extensive judging experience both locally including the AIBA and internationally at the World Beer Cup, Great American Beer Festival, Brew NZ and most recently Beer Asia. The AIBA will be judged by an internationally acclaimed panel of brewing experts from Australia, United States, Europe, Asia and New Zealand.
HOW TO REGISTER – Online registration opens Tuesday, January 14th:
• Registration deadline: February 14, 2014
• Go to the AIBA website – www.rasv.com.au/beer - download the 2014 Entry Book, read the book, work out the classes you plan to enter, read the regulations & entry prerequisites, etc.
• Email the AIBA Competition Manager – Mike Conolly – if you have any questions.
• Enter online using your 2013 email, or create a new entry login ID – just follow the steps.
• Answer yes to: “Are you a USA Brewers Association's (BA) Export Development Program (EDP) member?” field.
• Proceed as if to payment. You will not need to pay. You will receive a message telling you that you have successfully entered. (the BA will pay for all entries) You have finished the entry process.
• You will receive an entry acknowledgment email from the AIBA summarising your entry information – contact Mike Conolly if there are any errors.
• Contact Mark Snyder via email with the list of beers you are entering – this is for the shipping & custom’s documents.
o Beer Name (for each brand entered)
o Bottle/Can size
• You will be emailed a full entry confirmation report and label info from the AIBA – labels will need to be on each bottle of beer for judging.
The BA is prepared to cover the entry cost and shipping from the Brewers Association to Australia for up to three brands (bottles and cans only) per brewery for Export Development Program members. There is no limit on the number of submissions per brewery but each additional brand is charged a separate fee.
You will be sent an invoice from the Brewers Association for any additional beers that you enter – the BA will pay for all the entry fees for BA EDP members directly with the AIBA organizers.
Quantity needed for judging:
For each brand entered into the competition.
12 bottles or cans (12 oz size) or 6 bottles (22 oz size or 750 ml size) of each brand is needed for the competition. If it is easier for you to send a full case of each brand entered into the competition, please do – beers not needed for judging will be used at media, trade and consumer events.
The beer samples with judging labels on each bottle/can need to be delivered to the Brewers Association's warehouse by Tuesday, March 18th.
The beers will be palletized for an air shipment to Australia. We are flying the beers to Australia to ensure the best possible quality of your beers for judging.
Contact Mark Snyder now, at 303-447-0816 ext 137 (toll free: 888-822-6273, ext 137 with any questions or to let me know, that you will be entering the competition. Additional informatiion will be then be sent. You must be a BA Export Devleopment Program member to participate.
- About Us
- Purpose & History
- History of Craft Brewing
- Stewardship Report
- Board of Directors
- Member Lists
- Business Tools
- Craft Brewing Statistics
- Keg Guidelines
- Marketing Tools
- Export Development Program
- Sell Sheets
- Marketing & Advertising Code
- Label Approval Guidance
- Power Hour
- The New Brewer
- Beer Style Guidelines
- Best Practices Guide
- Draught Quality Manual
- Guide to Starting Your Own Brewery
- American Craft Beer Guides
- Brewers’ Resource Directory
- Brewers Publications
- Recommended Reading
- Sustainability Tools
- Wholesaler & Retailer Resources
- Technical Information
- The New Brewer Online
- Committee Meeting Notes
- Brewery Data
- Marketing Resources
- Export Development Program Resources
- Power Hour Archives
- Forum / Message Board
- Industry Presentations
- Media List Request Form
- Government Affairs
- Current Issues
- Monthly Legal and Legislative Brief
- BA Position Statements
- Connect with Elected Officials
- House Small Brewers Caucus
- Senate Bipartisan Small Brewers Caucus
- Federal Excise Taxes
- Growler Laws
- Self-Distribution Laws
- Support Your Local Brewery
- Economic Impact Data
- Press Releases
- Contact Us