Ask Your U.S. Representative to Become a Co-Sponsor of H.R. 232
U.S. House of Representatives Bill H.R. 232
Contact information for your U.S. Representative can be found on the U.S. House of Representatives home page by entering your zip code in the box in the upper right-hand corner. Once you’ve identified your Representative and have the contact information for the Washington, D.C. office, please call, email and/or fax a request that your Representative become a co-sponsor.
U.S. Senate Bill S. 375
Contact information for your U.S. Senators can be found on the U.S. Senate home page by utilizing the “Find Your Senators” drop down search function in the upper right-hand corner. Once you’ve identified your two Senators and have the contact information for their Washington, D.C. offices, please call, email and/or fax a request that your Senators become co-sponsors.
Make the Call
Skip the letter and go straight to the phone to make your voice heard. Here are a few points for you to be make during your call. Additional facts can be found by visiting Talking Points & Resources.
- This legislation would help create jobs for America’s 3,000+ small breweries, generating almost 6,000 new jobs over the first year to 18 months, followed by an average of 570 new jobs per year over the following years.
- Each new job would cost less than $3,400 in foregone government revenue.
- The legislation will reduce excise tax for the nation’s small breweries from $7 to $3.50 per barrel for the first 60,000 barrels of beer produced.
- It will also provide a tax reduction from the current rate of $18 per barrel to a reduced rate of $16 for barrels 60,001 up to 2 million barrels.
- Breweries that produce less than 6 million barrels would be eligible for these tax rates.
Don’t forget to:
- Tell them your name, company name (if employed by a brewery or beer related business) and where you are from.
- Give them your contact information.
- Make the direct ask – Can Representative/Senator XXX consider supporting and co-sponsoring this bill?