Business Development Manager for Advertising & Sponsorship
The Brewers Association is hiring a Business Development Manager for Advertising & Sponsorship. This is a critical position within the organization that demands a great deal of energy, relationship-building talent, attention to detail—and ideally, enthusiasm for craft brewing and homebrewing!
Key skills for success in this position include:
- Strong sales or account management experience.
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills. Ability to make clients feel valued and important.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong ability to identifying and cultivate prospects, including non-endemic targets.
- Ability to creatively develop and price new, meaningful advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good judgment in applying those skills to cultivate client relationships (i.e., when to email, when to pick up the phone, when to visit in person).
- Ability to dissect complex information (e.g., a multi-part contract).
- Strong talent for independently determining communication needs of all stake-holders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while remaining organized, meeting deadlines and maintaining a sense of humor.
- Planning and forecasting. Ability to break down larger planned outcomes into smaller to-do’s along the way.
- Strong collaboration skills, both in working with second sales person to meet clients’ and the Brewers Associations’ needs and in working with the department’s fulfillment specialist to ensure advertising and sponsorship fulfillment and invoicing can be handled with accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office including Outlook, Google documents. Database experience preferred.
- Strong enthusiasm for craft beer with some beer knowledge.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Business Development Manager Position.
Equal Opportunity Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.