The Brewers Association draught beer quality subcommittee has published revised, downloadable growler tags for brewers and retailers. The consumer facing tags contain easy to understand icons and explanations that provide tips to ensure optimal beer …More
- Attending the World Barley and Beer Conference in Dublin, Ireland.
- Attending Rocky Mountain Microbrew Symposium in Colorado Springs.
- In Hadley, Mass. for the North American Craft Maltsters Guild Farmer Brewer Weekend hosted by Valley Malt. Speaking on “Current Malt Supply Structure: What are the Pros and Cons?”
- Next stop in Nuremberg is Brau Beviale—networking with equipment and ingredient suppliers to keep up with the latest innovations and information available to BA members.
- Attending Versuchs- und Lehranstalt für Brauerei, Third Annual Microbrewers Symposium, in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Presenting with a panel of brewers at the Great Lakes Water Conference on the BA Sustainability Manuals.
- In Missoula, speaking to Montana Brewers Association members on “Brewers Association Best Practices – Current and Future Initiatives.”
- Visiting growers and processors of hops and malt in Colorado.
- Chris Swersey and I are attending MBAA/ASBC Brewing Summit in Chicago.
Read more from Chuck Skypeck
The Brewers Association (BA) draught beer quality subcommittee has recently added two new members—Bridget Gauntner, Great Lakes Brewing Company and Dave Glor, New Belgium Brewing. Bridgett Gauntner has worked with Great Lakes Brewing Company for five years. She started her career working as a lab technician in the quality control department. …More
The Brewers Association (BA) quality subcommittee has introduced a definition of quality beer, along with a vision and mission, which aim to guide this group’s important work. These foundational documents are designed to guide and …More
The Brewers Association (BA) Performance Guidelines for Single Use Kegs provides best practice guidance for the procurement, performance and operation of single use beer kegs. The guidelines furnish manufacturers and commercial users of single use …More
The Brewers Association recently released a draught quality resource to assist retailers. Draught Beer Quality for Retailers is intended to help retailers consistently pour great beer and preserve profits through industry accepted best practices. Retailers play a …More
Retailers play a critical role in preserving the great flavor and aroma in beer created by brewers. Great beer in a beer drinker’s glass is no accident, beer must be handled with care at retail. …More
The year 2014 was not the best of times for North American barley growing. Media reports trumpeting a catastrophe in which the crop was destroyed and brewers will not be able to make beer were …More
The Brewers Association Technical Committee has released a statement addressing best practices in date lot coding for craft brewers. In short the document states that it is in the best interest of craft brewers, distributors, importers, …More
California Governor Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203, landmark legislation that makes it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without the written consent of …More
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203 sponsored by California Craft Brewers Association, that will make it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without …More