The Brewers Association recently released a draught quality resource to assist retailers. Draught Beer Quality for Retailers is intended to help retailers consistently pour great beer and preserve profits through industry accepted best practices. Retailers play a …More
- In Hadley, Mass. for the North American Craft Maltsters Guild Farmer Brewer Weekend hosted by Valley Malt. Speaking on “Current Malt Supply Structure: What are the Pros and Cons?”
- Next stop in Nuremberg is Brau Beviale—networking with equipment and ingredient suppliers to keep up with the latest innovations and information available to BA members.
- Attending Versuchs- und Lehranstalt für Brauerei, Third Annual Microbrewers Symposium, in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Presenting with a panel of brewers at the Great Lakes Water Conference on the BA Sustainability Manuals.
- In Missoula, speaking to Montana Brewers Association members on “Brewers Association Best Practices – Current and Future Initiatives.”
- Visiting growers and processors of hops and malt in Colorado.
- Chris Swersey and I are attending MBAA/ASBC Brewing Summit in Chicago.
Read more from Chuck Skypeck
Retailers play a critical role in preserving the great flavor and aroma in beer created by brewers. Great beer in a beer drinker’s glass is no accident, beer must be handled with care at retail. Draught beer systems commonly pour a wide range of brewers’ and suppliers’ beer, so everyone …More
The year 2014 was not the best of times for North American barley growing. Media reports trumpeting a catastrophe in which the crop was destroyed and brewers will not be able to make beer were …More
The Brewers Association Technical Committee has released a statement addressing best practices in date lot coding for craft brewers. In short the document states that it is in the best interest of craft brewers, distributors, importers, …More
California Governor Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203, landmark legislation that makes it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without the written consent of …More
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203 sponsored by California Craft Brewers Association, that will make it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without …More
Registration is now open for the Draught Beer Quality Workshop at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival®. Developed by the Draught Beer Quality Subcommittee, the workshop, slated for Friday, October 3, will benefit anyone in the beer industry with a stake in delivering high quality draught beer.
Brewers Association announces the publication of guidelines providing best practice performance, quality and safety guidance regarding refillable kegs and their components throughout the U.S. brewing industry.
Growler use by consumers and retailers is becoming an increasingly popular way to bring the retail draught beer experience home or to transport rare or small production beers. The important decision to fill and use growlers …More
Brewers Association Draught Beer Quality Working Group Transitions to Subcommittee, Matt Meadows New Chairperson
The Brewers Association (BA) draught beer quality working group has transitioned from a standing working group to full-fledged subcommittee of the technical committee. Brewers Association working groups typically perform specific tasks then disband upon completion of …More