The Brewers Association Technical Committee has released a statement addressing best practices in date lot coding for craft brewers. In short the document states that it is in the best interest of craft brewers, distributors, importers, …More
- Next stop in Nuremberg is Brau Beviale—networking with equipment and ingredient suppliers to keep up with the latest innovations and information available to BA members.
- Attending Versuchs- und Lehranstalt für Brauerei, Third Annual Microbrewers Symposium, in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Presenting with a panel of brewers at the Great Lakes Water Conference on the BA Sustainability Manuals.
- In Missoula, speaking to Montana Brewers Association members on “Brewers Association Best Practices – Current and Future Initiatives.”
- Visiting growers and processors of hops and malt in Colorado.
- Chris Swersey and I are attending MBAA/ASBC Brewing Summit in Chicago.
Read more from Chuck Skypeck
California Governor Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203, landmark legislation that makes it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without the written consent of the manufacturer. Sponsored by the California Craft Brewers Association, the legislation builds upon existing laws …More
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed AB 2203 sponsored by California Craft Brewers Association, that will make it illegal for any person to obliterate, mutilate or mark out the manufacturers name on a metal keg without …More
Registration is now open for the Draught Beer Quality Workshop at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival®. Developed by the Draught Beer Quality Subcommittee, the workshop, slated for Friday, October 3, will benefit anyone in the beer industry with a stake in delivering high quality draught beer.
Brewers Association announces the publication of guidelines providing best practice performance, quality and safety guidance regarding refillable kegs and their components throughout the U.S. brewing industry.
Growler use by consumers and retailers is becoming an increasingly popular way to bring the retail draught beer experience home or to transport rare or small production beers. The important decision to fill and use growlers …More
Brewers Association Draught Beer Quality Working Group Transitions to Subcommittee, Matt Meadows New Chairperson
The Brewers Association (BA) draught beer quality working group has transitioned from a standing working group to full-fledged subcommittee of the technical committee. Brewers Association working groups typically perform specific tasks then disband upon completion of …More
The Brewers Association
The Brewers Association's safety subcommittee has announced the introduction of a new program to be featured on the BA Forum, the Safety Exchange.
Chris Swersey, technical brewing projects coordinator for the Brewers Association looks at the possible effects of the dismantling of the Canadian Wheat Board, the 2011 crop and the future of the barley market.